purple flare xt2 questions

PixelnGrains

Hi all, i understand that there is already a huge discussion on purole flare on xt2. I would like to check if these are the flare everyone is talking about.

The first photo I presume is the sensor flare where I could see red and green in the sun burst.

Is the purple 7 sided apecture shape purple blob what you guys are refering to as purple flare? Or is this a mere lens flare?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

So in this case these pictures do not exhibits the purple veiling flare? I have been shooting into the sun a lot on my trip to Egypt. I am using the xt2. These are the two type of problem I am seeing on my camera which I presume from what you way is normal.

No, these pictures do not exhibit purple veiling flare.

Yes, this kind of flare is normal for lenses for mirrorless cameras. You can avoid the red dot flare by using a lens made for an SLR (using an adapter). Or buy just using a DSLR camera.

The purple flare/grid issue tends to happen when the light source is outside the frame, but it's pretty hard to trigger. I've been shooting with the X-T2 since it came out and only had it happen once.

I suppose you could say the purple veiling flair issue is normal for the X-Pro2 and X-T2---that doesn't mean it isn't a fault. The red dot flare could also be said to be a design flaw inherent in all mirrorless cameras with a short flange distance (and perhaps certain microlens designs on the sensor).

In brief, if you're really interested using flare artistically, you're better off with a DSLR or at least SLR lenses.

Edited by kimcarsons

I have been shooting into the sun a lot and some time in backlighted situation in my latest trip to egypt. These are the kind flare I get .. Never seen purple veiling flare yet .. I will monitor .. If it is a design flaw ...Fuji should do something abt it especially for early adopters like us... But it does seems that it is pretty difficult to get purple flare