Macro long lens...

jfa86

I'm a fan of macro in the wild  and I'm waiting for 120 mm listed in Fuji-X Lens Roadmap...

Unfortunately, it's seems to  be gone!

It was however a very good idea, equivalent to a 180mm macro for DSLR like Canon, Sigma or Tamron propose!

So, unfortunately, I will turn to a Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4 for my X-M1 (before X-T2...).

Is anyone using them on Fuji-X body?

Which is the best adaptor ring to use it and conserve the focal length?

Otherwise, is someone use the excellent Zeiss S-Planer 60mm f2.8 C for Contax 35mm on an X-body?

Thank you for your answers, BR.

Personally I don't see significant points of using Zeiss 60mm 2.8 instead of more advanced Fuji 60mm 2.4.

Any good quality adapter Nikon > FX will work for you. Nikkor 200mm is a lens with aperture control in it, so no need to buy adapters with aperture.

You can buy cheap $10 Fotodiox, etc. adapter, just select seller where you can return adapter if it's not good. I used one on X-E1 with Nikkor 300mm f/4 and Nikkor 135mm f/2 DC without any issues, despite that lens are also heavy. I don't remember if Nikkor 200mm has tripod leg - you'll definitely need one, it will work much better than tripod connector of adapter ring.

Thanks Yukodteel,

I love this Zeiss 60mm 2.8 C because I owned one when I was young (I'm 64 now...) and appreciate the 1:1 minimum focus, the fantastic sharpness and microcontrast, the progressive manual focusing ring and his exceptional bohek.

Micro-Nikkor 200mm 4 has a tripod leg (but RRS is more compact to take shots at ground level) and isn't so heavy as the two lenses you mentioned.

This Nikkor is one of the favorites John Shaw macro lenses, with the well renowned Micro-Nikkor 50mm 2.8.

Thank you for your Fotodiox return.

Does anybody experience with Kipon adapter?

Good day to everybody.

Kipon adapters are similar to other, but with much higher quality control. E.g. I've purchased 5 samples of Fotodiox LeicaM>FX, and 3 of them had minor issues. I think every Kipon adapter should work precisely, like Fuji adapter. So if you pay for it - you'll pay for increased quality.

Looks like for macro you will prefer to use the lens as is, without "focal reducing". So it's basically just simple metal ring construction, and $10-20 price is reasonable for that.

Yeah, that nice feeling of using old lens from the childhood! That's why I like mirror-less - practically any lens can be adapted : )

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Hopefully these will help some. For quite a while now Apple has put stuff into their operating system so that you cannot yourself open the connected camera’s card and see the images, you have to use their or third party software to do that.
    • Thanks for the instructions:  I was doing up to 3 successfully but can't wait to get home and try  4 and 5 and report back. Cheers, John
    • Okay, just for completeness sake: 1.     The camera’s menu connection setting is USB CARD READER. 2.    The computer is turned on, booted and nicely operational. 3..    With the camera turned off, connect the camera to the computer using a known-to-be-good USB C data plus power cable (a data only cable should work as well, a power only cable will not work). 3.   The camera’s charging light may turn on. Turn the camera on. The back screen probably will show the USB symbol as well as the USB letters. 4.    Start up the Image Capture app and see if the camera’s name appears in the devices list. 5.    In the Apple menu, select ‘About This Mac’, click on the ‘More Info…’ button, and on the right hand side of the window that opens, at its bottom is a button called ‘System Report…’, click on it. A new window should open, the left hand side has collapsible dropdown listings, the first is called “Hardware’, within it is the USB listing, select that. The right side pane should give you listings of all the USB devices connected at that moment, one of them should say something like USB PTP Camera. Does either 4. or 5. work?
    • Thanks, Yes I knew about the USB issue in newer Macs and macOS but that is why I tested it with High Sierra as well. Also the fact that every other camera easily connects via USB direct with the camera - definitely points out the fact that it is a FUJI specific problem.  Furthermore - I remember being able to direct connect early last year. I rarely take the Cards OUT of the camera  these days. The weird thing is I can connect my iPhone 15 via USB-C to 100s and pull files directly - puzzling. Problem is FUJI rarely listens to anyone.    
    • Hi all, I notice that there are some focusing sound on my XF33 despite it being said as completely silent in many review. The focusing sound is kind of like stepping motor sound, and it only appears when I’m shooting photo. I try shooting near and far away and there is sound. However, it is completely silence when I shoot videos. Is it normal or do I need to change some of my setting? Or am I just getting a not too good copy haha. please assist me with the matter guys! Thanks!