New to Fuji

Hi,

My name is Steve and I am new to Fujifilm. I've been shooting Olympus Micro 4/3 for the past four years and prior to that, Canon. In 2009, I purchased a Panasonic GF1 as a lightweight alternative to my 5Dmii. It was lightweight and provided pretty good images. But when the OMD-EM5 came out, it was a game-changer. It responded quickly, had good image quality and over the past few years, some great lenses to go along with it. However, as the new Olympus cameras came out (EM1, EM5mii), the sensor and image quality stayed the same. I sat on the sidelines watching Sony and Fujifim release cameras that provided much better IQ. However, Sony is much too expensive, and the A7 body and lens combination too big and heavy for my taste. So this week, I decided to dive into Fuji. I purchased the X Pro2 with the 23 1.4 and 85 1.2 lenses. And I did it just in time for a trip to the Netherlands (I live in the states, but work for a Dutch company). After a jet-lagged day walking around Amsterdam, I am learning how to use the X Pro2 and so far, loving the images that I'm getting. I'm used to spending 5-10 minutes processing my Olympus images in Photoshop, but find the jpegs from the Fuji require little if any tweaking. 

I do want to thank the contributors to this forum. I did a lot of research before I made my investment in Fuji and found this forum to be extremely helpful.

Steve

[...]I purchased the X Pro2 with the 23 1.4 and 85 1.2 lenses.[...]

I am going to guess you meant the 56mm F1.2, right ?

Anyway, welcome around ! 

I have been mulling around the idea of using the OM-D E-M5 mkII for the IBIS when using legacy lenses, would you have any experience with that ? I am mostly wondering about how good/bad the Olympus system is for manual focusing. Since you have the mkI version, can you have a small test with the Fuji system and let me know ? :D