Advertisement (gone after registration)

I received my XPRO3 last Monday and today (thursday) for some reason the EVF stopped working.  I can switch back and forth from OVF to EVF, but when I get to EVF all I see black.  LCD works and I already did complete reset and still no luck.  Removed lens and back again still nothing, called FujiFilm and pretty disappointing that they were not ready to take any questions about XPRO3's.  I will just return it to Adorama, but I just want to see if anyone has the same issue.  

Thank you

Mine have problem too!

https://youtu.be/VTTOyft0SVs

I have it for 7 days, 4 days moderate shooting.

Back panel display error, cant switch to EVF, OVF dont have any parameter. Send it to the shop.

My IG : hansenhindarto / woltermoose

Please contact me.

I have yet to hear or see of this issue anywhere. It would have a big impact on whether I buy one or not. 

I know this seems fundamental, and I've been guilty of it too on my XP1 so no reproach intended -did you thank the cap off the lens? Remember that the EVF is a TTL view.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

8 hours ago, Pete in SD said:

I have yet to hear or see of this issue anywhere. It would have a big impact on whether I buy one or not. 

I know this seems fundamental, and I've been guilty of it too on my XP1 so no reproach intended -did you thank the cap off the lens? Remember that the EVF is a TTL view.

Hai, i just received my replacement camera in just 3 days after it happen.

Fujifilm Indonesia and Fujishopid (dealer) 's service is very good.

Actually the camera itself is very unique.

I enjoy it a lot!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By CoolRoy
      I'm Unable to connect the XPro3 to my Mac using Fuji camera RAW 1.9.0 (Mac). The Raw Studio is continuously displaying the message 'Waiting for camera to connect', and i've started observe this issue after the Mac OS 10.15.5 update.
      I have followed all the recommended connection setting and still have the issue. If anyone knows a fix, please let us know.
    • By Thom1
      I’ve had a weird issue with a photo today. See attached. (No idea why it attaches upside down, and ignore the stripes on the image, it’s a photo of my computer screen. The issue is the dark edge on the right of the hand).
      This is a crop of an unedited picture, with no in-camera effects. Xpro-3 with 23mm f/1.4, shot wide open. Looks almost like grey CA? Or like someone has badly cut out the hand or something?
      Ive not seen anything like this before - anyone know if I should be worried about the sensor? Or is this just a weird blip from shooting wide open?

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By brock
      Is there a startup time difference between OVF and EVF on the XPRO3? I have the XT3 and wonder if there's a noticable difference between startup times between XT3 EVF and XPRO3 OVF. 
      Fujifilm website says XPRO3 startup is 0.4s vs XT3 0.3s but wondering about real-world experience and if there's a timing benefit to OVF.
    • By MailerDaemon
      Has anyone had odd behavior with the Face/Eye-Detection setting seeming to change itself to off with an X-Pro3. I realize it's likely me but I can't duplicate the cause and that's throwing me off.

I set the focus area to all and turn on Face/Eye-Detect to Eye Auto. It will function for a length of time then, looking through the OVF, it won't recognize a face. Curious, I check the setting and it's turned Face/Eye-Detection off. I turn it back on without changing any other settings and poof, face recognition works fine. Rinse and repeat.

The detect setting is not assigned to a function button. I tried changing batteries, memory cards, metering modes, zone/point focus modes, focus point displays, film simulations, movie/stills mode, exposure comp, flipping screens and all the dials, changing the OVF/EVF, and changing lenses with the camera on and off and nothing seems to duplicate the occasional surprise change in the setting.
      It's one of those things that happens when I'm not paying attention to it -- Haha... okay, I know it sounds crazy but I'm wondering if there is anyone with some suggestions on what I may be overlooking as a possible cause.
    • By Fizzlemcdizzle
      Got my xpro3 a little wet yesterday. Was wondering if this was common...

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • Moved to the right section. Welcome to our forum!
    • It is easy to think a certain camera, like X-T4, has lot of problems when reading a forum like this on the X-T4. I'm sure there are many happy X-T4 owners out there but it is a fact that it is several people now including me that has real strange problems with this camera. Maybe it is related to later production units since mine is brand new? It is not uncommon when a product is very popular (and I believe this X-T4 is) that as demand rise the quality may go down. I do not say that is a fact i
    • I disagree that it wouldn't be significant.  I think the flange distance is the distance that the extension tube modifies, not the focal length.
    • @mawz, why would the FD lenses not be versatile?  I've seen them [and the older FL] adapted all the time.  I do understand the impulse to go with a mount that makes focus and possibly aperture easier (EF), however... but that may be contrary to @thl70's original desire to experiment with vintage manual lenses. - Honestly Curious
    • Just noticed I posted this to wrong forum, should have been for the X-T3 forum. I apologize for the mistake. I bought X-T3 for filmmaking. I adore the visual quality, the 10 bit codec and Fuji optics but there are real problems for me with the implementation with the focus functions in ‘Movie Mode’ as detailed below. I need a compact camera for verité style documentary shooting and need to be able to switch between getting an quick “instantaneous” focus and manual focus operation to finesse