Fuji X-Pro1 eye sensor view mode problem

Hi to all,

I would ask for help if somebody is/was familiar with my case with the camera. In "eye sensor mode", when I shoot via LCD, if camera looks up, horizontal, or only a bit down, it switches by itself from lcd to viewfinder. No metter OVF or EVF, standard or custom display mode, and of course, my eyes are not even close to viewfinder at that time. I have tried it with my two lenses 35/1.4 and 18-55, still the same problem, so it must be up to the camera. In other two modes it works just fine with no issues.

Can someone give an advice about it.

Thank you so much.

Edited by xpctnxpctd

It's not a problem. The eye sensor is only called that because you typically put your eye to the viewfinder. It's just s light sensor that when the ambient light drops a significant amount (like placing your eye to the viewfinder) it switches over for you. The sensor is just to the right of the OVF. You can cover it with your finger and make it switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by nathan.mardin

Thank you Nathan for your answer, but I still have a problem. I would like to have that option to work corectly, and I do not know if I have change some setting without knowing that or it is a failure in the camera. I want to use it in that mode without any issue, meaning, when I shoot looking trough LCD I want it that way, when I need viewfinder then to shoot it that way, if camera switch by itself from lcd to viewfinder while I am trying to capture the image focus and take a shoot.... then something is wrong, and it was just fine during first year of having it.

Once again, thank you so much and cheers.

• 1 month later...

If it helps at all I had the exact same thing happen to me a couple of months ago, and like you it went away by itself. I speculated at the time (to myself!) that it might have had something to do with the particular lighting or reflections etc in the place I was shooting at that time, since it plagued me the whole time I was there regardless of switching on/off, pulling battery etc, to the point where the only solution was to turn the eye sensor off and switch manually - but as soon as I got out of there it was gone and everything was back to normal.

Like you, I was putting nothing anywhere near the eye sensor, no straps cutting across it, anything like that, but just pointing the camera up and down was enough to trip it from LCD to EVF continually. Weird and annoying when it happens.