IS mode setting?

nam

Does anyone have information about why/when one would use the Continuous IS mode as opposed to IS 'shooting only' on the XT/Xe2?

Since the lens has the control for IS, why is there a menu setting, in shooting menu 5, to alter this?  and is there some reason to have it on continuously?

thanks for some insight here!

Here is an extract taken from the free Reading Samples of Rico's X-E2 (and X-T10) book, which you can downoad here: http://www.rockynook.com/samples/345/Sample_Pages.pdf

Only use (switch on) the OIS when necessary. When you are using fast shutter speeds that don’t require image stabilization, you can safely turn it off to eliminate the OIS as a potential interference.

Preferably use the OIS in mode 2 (“shooting only”). Mode 1 is useful at very slow shutter speeds and when you are using very long focal lengths because the camera will also stabilize the live view image, making it easier to compose a shot.

Always turn off the OIS when you are working from a tripod or with shutter speeds that are slower than a second. You should also switch it off for panning shots.

Hope it is not inappropriate to post this: based on the Admin hint above about Rico's book-I got it- and wanted to point out that It is fantastic. You can download the whole thing from Rocky Nook .

Also some may be interested to note (from his web page) that:

"By upgrading your Fujifilm X-E2 with firmware 4, you are giving up the camera that you knew: Your X-E2 will turn into an X-T10—only with a rangefinder design.

I am not kidding! As long as you can see beyond the different form factors (rangefinder style vs. SLR style), my X-T10 book is now almost perfectly applicable. It really is, because Fuji did a terrific job transforming the X-E2 into an X-T10 with camouflage.

This means that my X-E2 eBook won’t be updated. It doesn’t have to, because the update is already here. To ease the transition, my publisher has created a coupon code that will give you a discount of 50% on all editions of my X-T10 book (printed, eBook and combined).

Simply enter XT1050 in the coupon field when you check out. (and XPERT40 for the XT1 book)