Advertisement (gone after registration)

I’ve had a weird issue with a photo today. See attached. (No idea why it attaches upside down, and ignore the stripes on the image, it’s a photo of my computer screen. The issue is the dark edge on the right of the hand).

This is a crop of an unedited picture, with no in-camera effects. Xpro-3 with 23mm f/1.4, shot wide open. Looks almost like grey CA? Or like someone has badly cut out the hand or something?

Ive not seen anything like this before - anyone know if I should be worried about the sensor? Or is this just a weird blip from shooting wide open?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By CoolRoy
      I'm Unable to connect the XPro3 to my Mac using Fuji camera RAW 1.9.0 (Mac). The Raw Studio is continuously displaying the message 'Waiting for camera to connect', and i've started observe this issue after the Mac OS 10.15.5 update.
      I have followed all the recommended connection setting and still have the issue. If anyone knows a fix, please let us know.
    • By brock
      Is there a startup time difference between OVF and EVF on the XPRO3? I have the XT3 and wonder if there's a noticable difference between startup times between XT3 EVF and XPRO3 OVF. 
      Fujifilm website says XPRO3 startup is 0.4s vs XT3 0.3s but wondering about real-world experience and if there's a timing benefit to OVF.
    • By Nicofit
      Good morning,
      I have a problem with my x-t30
      I'm not able to record any video because after a few second the video is automatically stopped and I can't understand why.
      I can't record more than 8/15 seconds.
      Does anyone know which is the problem?
      Many thanks
      have a nice day
      Nico 
    • By MailerDaemon
      Has anyone had odd behavior with the Face/Eye-Detection setting seeming to change itself to off with an X-Pro3. I realize it's likely me but I can't duplicate the cause and that's throwing me off.

I set the focus area to all and turn on Face/Eye-Detect to Eye Auto. It will function for a length of time then, looking through the OVF, it won't recognize a face. Curious, I check the setting and it's turned Face/Eye-Detection off. I turn it back on without changing any other settings and poof, face recognition works fine. Rinse and repeat.

The detect setting is not assigned to a function button. I tried changing batteries, memory cards, metering modes, zone/point focus modes, focus point displays, film simulations, movie/stills mode, exposure comp, flipping screens and all the dials, changing the OVF/EVF, and changing lenses with the camera on and off and nothing seems to duplicate the occasional surprise change in the setting.
      It's one of those things that happens when I'm not paying attention to it -- Haha... okay, I know it sounds crazy but I'm wondering if there is anyone with some suggestions on what I may be overlooking as a possible cause.
    • By jufoso
      Hi guys, new Fuji-freak here!
      I bought yesterday X-T3 with the 18-55 lens and XF 50-140mm f2.8, both used.
      At first I was really impressed with both of them but soon I figured out that there's something strange with the 50-140 and autofocus. The problem occurs at the maximum 140mm focal lenght. The autofocus can't focus near. It will only work for longer distances (over 4-5 meters) even though the minimum focus distance should be 1 meter. Even a slight zoom out e.g. 138mm will make the autofocus work normally.
      All the settings are in "auto", I'm shooting in single shot mode and autofocus on single point. The problem occurs in every possible setup. Here's a video about the problem (I didn't find my stand so I had to use chair) [ignore the cat meowing] https://youtu.be/g8snv-60DBM
      Has anyone else had the same problem or should I return the lens?
    • @maplineThanks for the answer,  I think i'm gonna opt for a wifi card instead, as it suits more my needs, (reducing transfer times and  timelapse real-time rendering). The hdmi thing would be ok if i wanted to capture video material, but i mainly do long exp/timelapses   Cheers
    • 1000 is a curious number - if you are using F-Log the minimum ISO is 640 - but haven't heard of any setting that restricts to 1000
    • I recently purchased a used Fujifilm X70 and there is something going on that I don't understand. Some times when I take photos the image comes up heavily distorted. It only seems to happen when I take a photo of a moving object, even at 1/1000 shutter speed and I'm not moving. I can understand some blur if my shutter speed is not fast enough, but this distortion? It only happens with moving objects, using manual and auto focus. I attached some images. The images are taken at 1/1000  F8. What co
    • I do remember reading from the website, and from Ken Wheeler that you need to use an SD card for updating.  Ken Wheeler highly recommends using SanDisk 300Mb/s cards.  Just relaying information.
    • Yeah, that sounds bad.  Check my post.  There is one dude, on the forum, and Ken Wheeler, who is trying to be helpful, to which I am very thankful.  Usually I try to wait at least 6 months to 1 year before buying.  Risky being a consumer tester for a new product.  In my case, I too had issues.  The "What Have You Done?" post.  Took it back the next day, but am willing to be as helpful as I can be.  If I don't have the answer, I'll ask around.  I'll definitely remain active in the forums, as I re