Newbie here: Any X-Pro3 Experience Out There?

Hi, 

I'm new to this site. I switched from Canon to Fuji in 2014. After using the X-E1, the X-T10, and the X-Pro1,  plus a plethora of legacy and XF lenses, I now have only the X-H1 for my all rounder and my cherished X100f for life. I love the little thing. Recently however the X-Pro3 caught my attention. I shoot with the LCD off 95% of the time so the idea of new "hidden" LCD appealed aesthetically and since I shot film for 20+ years prior to my foray into digital I've really never bothered composing with the LCD but for those rare crowd and ground view landscape shots. Yet I'd likely have to sell one of my Fujiis to get the XP3. Since a stroke the IBIS on the X-H1 has helped, especially for birding tele-lenses, so  I might have to part with my beloved X100f.

Regarding the X-Pro3,  apart from the aesthetic appeal, is the IQ from the next generation sensor really better? Are the OTC jpegs better? Is the new OVF limiting given it will not frame beyond 23mm?

Thanks for your help!

On 11/28/2019 at 12:39 PM, Pete in SD said:

Regarding the X-Pro3,  apart from the aesthetic appeal, is the IQ from the next generation sensor really better? Are the OTC jpegs better? Is the new OVF limiting given it will not frame beyond 23mm?

I was also a film shooter before switching. I have the Xpro and Xpro2 and the X100f. Just got my 3 a few days ago, but really enjoying a few features.

The tone application for warming or cooling B&W is amazing, since thats 80% of what I shoot. Also the clarity and the HDR for SOC shots is amazing. 

I love the screen. I use the EVF for composition so the rear screen was never on anyway. But i like the option to flip it open for low angle shooting. 

I thought i would miss the D-pad, but it is now all incorporated in the little thumb toggle which is really intuitive and after just 3 days, easier than the two you have on the Xpro2. 

I also find it easier manual focusing with the 3 than the 2 for some reason. EVF seams crisper.

I have decided to sell my 100f to finance my Xpro3. Yes its bigger and heavier, but its really motivating me to do more.

One issue my copy has is that in single frame mode, after clicking the shutter, the screen or EVF blackout for 1-2 seconds. That doesnt happen on my Xpro2 and it goes away if i set it to continuous shooting. 

Hope that helps.

On 11/28/2019 at 12:39 PM, Pete in SD said:

On 12/1/2019 at 4:59 PM, Qualistat said:

One issue my copy has is that in single frame mode, after clicking the shutter, the screen or EVF blackout for 1-2 seconds. That doesnt happen on my Xpro2 and it goes away if i set it to continuous shooting. 

I’ve seen a few early adopters mention this already - apparently it happens if you’re using the clarity function and is just a side effect of the extra processing going on.  It doesn’t happen in continuous as the clarity function is automatically disabled in that setting.

• 3 weeks later...