1. CRAusmus

CRAusmus

• Similar Content

• By Dwain
      Hello Everyone,

My name is Dwain and I'm new to this forum and to Fujifilm cameras but not to their film.  I'm a former Canon shooter (not professional).   I've decided to keep my Canon 6D, the 24-105 F4 and the 100 F2.8 macro lenses just in case.  I delved into large format (Chamonix 4x5) for a short time, shooting primarily Acros developed in Rollo Pyro.  My interests tend to lean towards landscape, architectural, environmental portraiture and night photography but lately, I've been itching to try street and event photography. 
      I recently placed an order for the X-T3 and the Fujinon XF18-55 F2.8-4 lens to get use to the system and a good place to start.  Not sure which other lenses to consider at this early stage.  I did look at the Poll here regarding the most used Fuji lenses and two of the focal lengths I've been considering (23 1.4 and 35 1.4) seem to be the most popular despite these being older designs.  The XF 16 1.4 also looks interesting. 
      Anyway, thought I'd introduce myself. 
      Feedback and suggestions welcome.

• By jlmphotos
      Well my friends I went and done it!

Some of you guys who have been here a while may recall my daughter "borrowed" my X-T1 and my "don't leave home without it lens" the Fuji 18-55.  For the last several months I've been photographing using my primes only -- the fabulous 16 f1.4, the 23 1.4, 35 1.4, and 60 2.4 plus the 55-200 zoom.  And I loved doing that.  I've truly enjoyed making images as I have to be slower, and more thoughtful in the process plus, let's face reality, the primes will always beat a zoom with regards to sharpness, and micro-contrast among other things.
      However, the 18-55 is a lens I cannot live without!  I love it.  There I said it.  If I loved it any more I'd have to name it and provide it it's own ss number for tax purposes.  
      I do plan on continuing to use primes for most of my images as I really enjoyed using them and have weened myself off the zoom, but I will feel much better knowing my 18-55 is back in my bag just in case I need it!

To be completely honest:  I looked at the 16-55 2.8.  Many of you who "know me" know that I've said I would never purchase this lens, and it's brother the 50-140 2.8 due to 1) the weight  and 2) price.  I looked at the 16-55 2.8, i thought about it, but I just couldn't bring myself to purchase this heavy, and expensive lens when for a quarter of the price my 18-55 works wonders, is super tack sharp, and has provided me with YEARS of use -- my original 18-55 was the kit lens that came on my Fuji X-E1 I purchased back in February 2013!

This image below is one of over 16,000 images I have taken in various locations ranging from Key West, to Prince Edward Island in Northern Canada between mid-July, and early November.  I believe I "lost" the 18-55 to my daughter when I returned from the Keys and was prepping to head north -- this image was in fact taken with the 18-55 lens.

So, I'm now whole again and I couldn't be happier knowing it's there in case I need it.

PS:  Here in the Classifieds I'm offering for sale my Zeiss/Touit 12mm F2.8 lens.  Check it out if you are in the market for a wide-angle for your Fuji!

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By jlmphotos
      So my daughter, who already has taken ownership of some of my Nikon gear, has fallen in love with my X-T1 and my beloved 18-55 lens!

She's been home from school for three months and returns next week for her final semester.  She has started a "new teachers blog" and has been using my X-T1 with the 18-55 to film it.  Now, she wants to take the X-T1 and the 18-55 back with her.  I don't care about the X-T1, but it's gonna hurt real bad not having the lens.  As many of you know, that's my "don't leave home without it lens".  

I'm very torn up.  Initially I gave her, yes, gave her the X-T1 and the 23mm 1.4 as the 23 is not a lens I use often but every time I came home she had the 18-55 on there.  I have a  feeling I'm going to lose it.

So, it looks that I'll be a prime shooter for at least six months -- Except for my 55-200, all my lower range lenses are primes.   I'm very, very nervous about not having that lens in the bag.  I can't tell you how many times I've gone out with the sole intention of shooting with the primes, have gotten so frustrated and fed up and just switched over to the 18-55 and was as happy as a pig in sh*t.

Lordy Lordy....
    • By Goose46
      Hi all, I have just started to use an X-T2 and have still kept the Nikon, I have an adapter to use my Nikon lenses with the Fuji.  I need to set the focal length in Mount Adaptor Settings, it seems simple enough for primes eg. 105 mm, 35 mm, etc, but how do I input the focal length when using a zoom?  Do I set up the shot and then, before taking it, input the actual, or nearest!, focal length - then shoot?  I can get up to 999 mm but can't get 80-200 mm.......................... over to you.
    • By greenj98
      Fall road trip with my wife for a mix of subjects, landscape, street, urban and travel. Can't decide if the 18-55 or the 18-135 is the best walk around lens for this trip. the other lenses I am taking include 14, 35 1.4, 56 and the 55-200.