Complete Overview over the available and upcoming Fuji X-Mount lenses

quincy

May I offer an update re the 2.0x teleconverter.  It is stated in the excellent lens summary above that you lose phased contrast detection when coupled with the 50-140mm lens.  Actually - it does keep contrast and phase detection.  You do lose phase detection with the 100 - 400mm tele when coupled with the 2.0x because it cannot get enough light through.  I have successfully taken high speed focusing shots in low light with the 50-140mm with the 2.0x converter so I thought I'd give this update.  Also more here: https://www.digitaltrends.com/photography/2x-fujifilm-teleconverter-announcement/

May I offer an update re the 2.0x teleconverter...

Thanks digitalfella, I’ve been considering when I want a long telephoto lens for a while, and plumped for the 55-200mm which I should have in November. Obviously, I know the 2.0x teleconverter doesn’t work with that lens; but I will see if it’s long enough for my needs. The 2.0x is not cheap and is a lot of glass, but the example result looks good.

@quincy. Would you consider adding the 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters to your post, with a list of compatible lenses and review references?

• 2 weeks later...

May be worth to add current total number somewhere in the first post of topic.

done.

May I offer an update re the 2.0x teleconverter. It is stated in the excellent lens summary above that you lose phased contrast detection when coupled with the 50-140mm lens. Actually - it does keep contrast and phase detection. You do lose phase detection with the 100 - 400mm tele when coupled with the 2.0x because it cannot get enough light through. I have successfully taken high speed focusing shots in low light with the 50-140mm with the 2.0x converter so I thought I'd give this update. Also more here: https://www.digitaltrends.com/photography/2x-fujifilm-teleconverter-announcement/

Thank You for your comment.

In the description text below the 50-140 I stated "Cameras retain phase detection autofocus with this lens and the 2x teleconverter attached.", while the description text of the 100-400 states "With the 2x teleconverter attached, all current camera models lose phase detection autofocus and have to use contrast detection autofocus.". So I think I already did what you asked for, right?

@quincy. Would you consider adding the 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters to your post, with a list of compatible lenses and review references?

So far, the 50-140 and the 100-400 are the only two lenses compatible with the teleconverters. Therefore, I've added the teleconverters to both lenses' description text, and I think both lenses have reviews linked concerning the TCs. Some time in the future when more TC-compatible lenses are available (not just the 80 macro), we could add a separate TC category.

it's technically a Fuji X mount lens, but not sure if we should add it to the list...

https://www.fujirumors.com/gizmon-utulens-customizable-pancake-lens-fujifim-x/

Sure. We also added Fuji's own XM-FL body cap filter lens. It won't be on the chart though, because that only goes to 11 and this body cap lens is f/16. (won't change the layout of the chart anymore, until a native Fuji lens requires it)

So far, the 50-140 and the 100-400 are the only two lenses compatible with the teleconverters. Therefore, I've added the teleconverters to both lenses' description text, and I think both lenses have reviews linked concerning the TCs. Some time in the future when more TC-compatible lenses are available (not just the 80 macro), we could add a separate TC category.

Thanks Quincy, that works for me.

I’m assuming that there are no non branded teleconverters available?

In the meantime, I have a 55-200mm lens waiting for me in the U.K. and am looking forward to getting my hands on it.

So far, there are no teleconverters for Fujinon lenses other than the two made by Fujinon.

You can, however, use teleconverters from other brands for lenses from other brands and then adapt the whole stack to a Fujifilm camera. But I'd wait with doing this until real "smart" adapters with power supply, aperture control, lens info etc. are available.

Concerning the 55-200, it's still my favorite Fujinon lens, despite being a rather slow zoom. It's just so sharp at 200/4.8 and has a very pleasing bokeh for my taste. The stabilizer is fine for me, and it's very compact and lightweight. perfect travel-tele.

So far, there are no teleconverters for Fujinon lenses other than the two made by Fujinon.You can, however, use teleconverters from other brands for lenses from other brands and then adapt the whole stack to a Fujifilm camera. But I'd wait with doing this until real "smart" adapters with power supply, aperture control, lens info etc. are available.

Thanks Quincy, sounds like an option thank you.

Kate, I have just received one of those and I’m pretty sure you won’t be disappointed!

Concerning the 55-200, it's still my favorite Fujinon lens, despite being a rather slow zoom. It's just so sharp at 200/4.8 and has a very pleasing bokeh for my taste. The stabilizer is fine for me, and it's very compact and lightweight. perfect travel-tele.

I totally agree guys. I tried this one in Wex several months ago and it looked good, since then my uncle bought one and I ha e been looking at the reviews. I don’t think I’ll be disappointed either.

I think I’ve finally decided that for me, I will use primes below 50mm and zooms above that mark.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New 7Artisan lenses

35mmF1.2

12mmF2.8

https://www.fujirumors.com/7artisans-35mmf1-2-12mmf2-8-available-amazonus-bh-mega-deals-x-t1-end-today/

7artisans 35mm F1.2 Manual Focus Lens
Compatible camera mount: Fuji FX Mount
Frame: APS-C
Focus: manual
Focal length: 35mm
Aperture range: F1.2-F16
Angle of view: 135mm46°
Blades Number: 9 diaphragm blades
Construction: 6 elements in 5 groups
Filter size: 43mm
Lens Length: 36mm
Weight: 150g

7artisans 12mm F2.8 Manual Focus Lens
Compatible camera mount: Fuji FX Mounts
Frame: APS-C
Focus: manual
Focal length: 12mm
Aperture range: F2.8-F16
Angle of view: 102°
Blades Number: 7 diaphragm blades
Construction: 10 elements in 8 groups
Lens Length: 66mm
Weight: 265g

7artisans have another lens in FX mount on their eBay, but I don't see it on official site yet.

7artisans 50mm F1.8

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173056891338

Aperture range: F1.8-F16

Closest Focus: 0.5m

Filter size: 52mm

Aperture blades: 12

Lens construction: 6 elements in 5 groups

Weight: 168g

Here it is, on their site: http://www.7artisans.com/h-col-184.html

• 1 month later...

Lensbaby Burnside 35mm F2.8 Announced

• X-Mount Lens/APS-C Format

• Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/16

• 52.5mm (35mm Equivalent)

• Dual Diaphragm for Creative Swirly Bokeh

• Effects Slider for Secondary Diaphragm

• Multi-Coated Glass Elements

• Minimum Focus: 6″

• Manual Focus and Exposure Control

• All-Metal Lens Barrel

• Filter Thread: 62mm

• 1 month later...

New Entry:

https://www.fujirumors.com/new-sainsonic-zonlai-22mm-f1-8-for-fujifilm-x-mount-available-for-just-159/

Sainsonic just released their super-affordable Zonlai 22mm F1.8 lens for Fujifilm X Mount.

• Zonlai 22mm F1.8 for APS-C Mirrorless Camera
  • Focal Length: 22mm
  • Aperture: F1.8~F16, 10-Blade Aperture, Click-step Aperture Ring
  • Filter Diameter: 46mm
  • Minimum Object Distance: 0.15m
  • Focus Mode: Manual
  • Lens Structure: 7 Groups 8 Elements
  • Weight: 224g/7.92oz
  • Size: 45*55mm
  • Compatibility: Sony-E, Fuji-X, M4/3, EOS-M

Full product descriptions and sample images at AmazonUS.

Product Page: https://www.sainsonic.com/collections/manual-prime-lens/products/zonlai-22mm-f1-8-large-aperture-manual-focus-lens-prime-lens-for-sony-e-mount-digital-mirrorless-cameras-nex3-3n-5-5t-5r-6-7-a5000-a5100-a6000-a6300-a6500-a7-series-a9-black

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated the OP, sorry for the delay. The chart still needs to be done, but adding 25(!) new lenses was a lot of work for now.

The "upcoming lenses" category is gone now, I'm definitely not fast enough for that. With all that's going on (MOG for example seems to cancel and announce lenses on a weekly basis) this is useless. I'll add lenses to the list when they are being sold.

Thanks everyone for your support!