Complete Overview over the available and upcoming Fuji X-Mount lenses

quincy

Hi,

This morning at the Salon de la Photo in Paris I discovered Starblitz lenses.

They offer only 2 Fuji lenses in the line up : 25 f/1.8 and 35 f/1.8.

Both are almost the same form factor, very compact, light and really smooth to focus (manual focus of course). And did I forget to add they are cheap ?

35 : http://starblitz.fr/en/starlens-en/273-manual-focus-starlens-35-mm-f18.html

25 : http://starblitz.fr/en/starlens-en/272-manual-lens-starlens-25-mm-f18.html

They also have 5 more Fuji lenses to come. Soon : 25 f/1.4 and 35 f/1.4, next : 100 and 135 (this one should be f/2.8) and later a 17mm.

The guy also talked about an adapter to convert any manual lens to autofocus... No idea how it works.

Hi molusk,

thank you for bringing this up.

To me, they look exactly like the Zonlai 25/1.8 and 35/1.8. Therefore, I'd like to add the new manufacturer/trademark (Starblitz) to Zonlai, as I did with Meike/Kaxinda and Samyang/Rokinon/etc.

Interesting information about the new lenses. Did they say when to expect the longer ones?

About the adapter: It works like a lens with 'all lens group' focusing: the whole lens is moved back and forth to achieve focus for different distances.

Edited by quincy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've now updated the OP with all the new information. (Added Wesley Macro MC, MOG Primoplan, moved some newly released lenses in the upper list etc.)

To me, this Wesley lens looks like it's made in the same factory as the zonlai ones, just with switched focus/aperture ring. I've therefore merged them into one category, but put them as separate lenses.

• 2 weeks later...

the second lens looks very much like the old Samyang 8mm f3.5, I’d bet they are VERY closely related.

the first too looks liek the 12mm Samyang, but the F number is off, still they look like two twin brothers separated at birth.

...what do we know about this 6,5mm, It looks suspiciously like newer the 8mm Samyang ( establishing real the focal length in these things is very complex, especially for a fish eye!)

My feeling is that these “ Meike” are rebranded Samyang

Edited by milandro

Hey quincy... I notice that, in some places, you mention the XF120mm, which won't come anymore, since it has been replaced by the 80mm though. Here they are

35mm F2.0 ED UMC & 135mm T2.2 VDSLR ED UMC product page
Close Focus Distance: 0.8 m - Magnification: -- - Aperture Blades: 9 (rounded) - Filter Thread: 77 mm - Diameter: 82 mm - Lenght: 120 mm - Weight: 880 g - Price (approx.): €550/$550
Huge full frame DSLR lens, adapted to the X-Mount. Excellent image quality. Smaller alternatives with autofocus and weather sealing are the upcoming XF 120mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro and the already available XF 90mm F2.0 R LM WR. The XF 50-140mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR, though not smaller or lighter, also adds autofocus, weathersealing, image stabilization and the flexibility of a zoom. (Reviews at Dustin Abbott, PC Mag, Dark Shape, pictures at photography blog)

100mm F2.8 ED UMC Macro & 100mm T3.1 VDSLR ED UMC Macro product page
Close Focus Distance: 0.31 m - Magnification: 1:1 - Aperture Blades: 9 (rounded) - Filter Thread: 67 mm - Diameter: 72.5 mm - Lenght: 149.4 mm - Weight: 770 g - Price (approx.): €530/$550
True 1:1 macro lens for the X-Mount. Pictures shown so far look very promising, but with the XF 120mm 2.8 in the pipeline, it should be considered to wait for that one and have a fast telephoto lens with autofocus. Adapted full frame DSLR lens, but this has less impact in size and weight with longer focal lenghts. (Review at ephotozine and pictures at Transcontinenta BV's flickr photo stream)

Hey folks,

I've updated the OP with all the new information, except the "cen" lens yukosteel found on ebay. I just can't find any more information about the lens or the manufacturer, so I have to schedule that one to "later".

@photonongrata: Thank You. This list has become the "community project" I wanted it to be, with everyone contributing by posting new stuff and discussing, which in return makes me happy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, I'm working on an update concerning

- Fuji XF 50

- Fuji MK 18-55

- Fuji MK 50-135

- MOG Primagon 24

- MOG Trioplan 35

- MOG Trioplan 50

- MOG Primoplan 58

- MOG Primoplan 75

- Veydra Mini Prime 12, 16, 19, 25, 35, 50 & 85

I guess it will take me a couple of days.

By the way: I've had a short look at the design of the veydra 12, and it doesn't seem to be a copy/brother/sibling of the samyang 12/2.

• 4 weeks later...

Possible but hard, because it's subjective to a certain degree.

To do this in a reasonable manner, we would need someone to acquire all fuji lenses (and the zeiss ones too), and then test them all in one go, with the same procedure, with multiple targets and lighting conditions.

I think we tried to rate them on this forum once, but I can't remember where that was.

The conclusion was roughly this:

- All the XF zoom lenses are pretty good, with the 55-200 being the slowest, although it got a lot better with the X-T1 update and became really good with X-Trans III sensors (just tried this a few hours ago)

- don't know about the XC lenses

- the prime lenses got better with every new release. The new compact F2 trinity is said to be very fast, the 90/2 too.

- 60/2.4 is said to be the slowest focussing lens (but it's a macro), the 35/1.4 was slow once but got better with the newer firmware / newer bodies. (both are the first x-mount lenses, together with the 18/2)

- 56/1.2 is not the fastest lens, but ok. the 56/1.2 APD can't use phase detection and is said to hunt focus a lot, but I think that's acceptable for such a special lens.

- haven't heard anything bad about the other primes.

All in all, I don't see that older lenses don't keep up with the newer bodies, their performance rather improved by new software and new sensors.

• 1 month later...

Hi quincy!

Congratulations for your great work, I'm using your data in these days to plan a new lens purchase :)

If you didn't notice it yet, Lensbaby just released the Velvet 85mm f/1.8, maybe you can add it to the chart: http://www.fujirumors.com/lensbaby-launches-velvet-85mm-f1-8-fujifilm-x-mount/

Cheers

Edited by guidobartoli80