Complete Overview over the available and upcoming Fuji X-Mount lenses

quincy

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You Patrick! I've added it to the list.

They have some very nice images (12, 15, 16) and to me it looks better than the previous version, but it's still not really sharp wide open. I know that this is usual for those ultrafast lenses, but I hope the rumored Fuji 33/1 will be better (like the 56/1.2).

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this is not a dumb question.. I've seen some posts in the forum under other topics talking about the 35mm F/1.4 being optically corrected and the 35mm F/2 being digitally corrected. How do you find out which lens are corrected optically vs digitally? 

Great work putting this all together Quincy! 

In addition to lenstip who do those comparisons and tests really detailed and systematic (example: http://www.lenstip.com/385.8-Lens_review-Fujifilm_Fujinon_XF_27_mm_f_2.8_Vignetting.html), if you have the lens, you can just take an image in RAW+JPEG with the Lens Modulation Optimizer turned on, another one with the Lens Modulation Optimizer turned off, load them all into a RAW developer that does not apply lens corrections automatically (like Adobe does) and compare the images.

Oh, and Thank You, Nick05!

Edited by quincy

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that's unexpected!

Pretty fast and expensive from such an unknown manufacturer.

Thanks for posting this, how do you find all those weird lenses?

I'll add it to the list with the next update. Right now, I'm working on an improved chart :) ... okay basically it's the same chart with smaller dots and labeling, and one stop more on the bottom. And more resolution.

I've accidentally noticed lens on eBay while searching for totally different one : )

Looks like eBay sellers often list them even before official announcement.

Same happened to Zhongyi 35mm 0.95 mark 2, I just explored X-T1 prices on eBay to sell my camera and noticed that new lens.

Would be interesting to find more details on that 25mm 0.95, but it will take some time.

well there is a google translate option on taobao (third from top left) and you can change it to any language you wish.

however there are a number of 25mm f0.95, all they ever have to do is change the bayonet.

such as the speed master 

http://world.taobao.com/item/523339865867.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7728556.0.0.BQZcJd

http://world.taobao.com/item/523339865867.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7728556.0.0.BQZcJd

What these lenses are meant to achieve though it is a different thing. As shown in the many examples they are a one pony trick lens. The only reason to have one is shooting at full aperture and sooner or later one tires out form doing one thing and one thing alone with any lens.

That both links shows totally different lens, that covers only m4/3 sensor - Mitakon Zhongyi Speedmaster 25mm 0.95 (11 elements in 9 groups).

The Kaxinda 25mm 0.95 lens for APS-C sensor, so it's much bigger, heavier and has different optical formula (12 elements in 10 groups)

Thanks for pointing the translation option, that's very useful!

Edited by yukosteel

I think it's just translation mistake on the site. This lens can't cover Full Frame or APS-C sensor.

I used Voigtlander 25mm 0.95 on m4/3, it was great experience. And it's nice to see smaller version from other brand. Their sizes and performances are compared in this review .

I also tried to make few shots with Voigtlander 25mm 0.95 on X-E1. All images had black corners, due to smaller m4/3 image circle. I think this ZSM 25mm 0.95 will also have same trouble on Fuji sensor if converted to XF mount.

That's why that Kaxinda is longer and weights more, to cover APS-C sensor for 25mm angle.

They are creative indeed : ) And looks like it's quite popular trend to attract people with wider aperture numbers. However I think they are moving right way.

It's nice to observe how the quality improves over the time. Probably the price is a bit higher that I'd like to pay for such glass, but it may also change later.

I don’t know about creative, it seems to me that they are pushing the buyer in one direction and one direction alone.

The main trick is shooting all these lenses at full opening ( why would you otherwise buy such a lens) and as we’ve discussed before, this has just few millimeters of depth of field, making the use for moving objects very tricky indeed.

Like everything  else one necessarily goes through a more or less obsessive honeymoon period and all one can think of is the good things about anything. 

Then, generally and hopefully, a more balanced perspective settles down and one finally sees that by using a lens like this you are pursuing the “ bokeh” for bokeh’s sake.

For that I have dedicated tools ( such as the tilt adapter) which I am aware are just as mono-dimensional as these lenses are. 

But we all like different things and obsess about different things.

Just think on that from different perspective. How many 35mm film and FF DSLR lens are made with F1.4 ?

There are hundreds of models, looks like many people like and actively use such aperture. And looks like 50mm F1.4 lens is very popular there. And very often it's manual focusing.

Now think on Fuji APS-C lens with about 1.5x crop factor. To get similar angle and DOF, you simply need something like 35mm F0.95 .

I personally didn't have any troubles using F1.4 on FF for years. That's why I'm so happy to see that some creative sellers made it possible on Fuji X .

Looks like this Kaxinda 25mm F0.95 is just equivalent of FF 38mm F1.4. It's also nice angle, and a bit wider DOF.

It would be nice if Fuji really creates XF 33mm F1 - that lens will be pure equivalent of so popular film lens 50mm F1.4.