Moving on from Jpeg to HEIF/HEIC/HEVC?

jaygrapher.th

saw a few videos on image "bit rates" and see that Jpegs are kinda out dated, thought that maybe cameras like fuji with users that may not shoot raw would benefit in a file format that's higher bit rates for better color quality. (i do notice it especially in the blue skys not having smooth color transitions but still got a negative response that higher bit rates are just a waste of memory space and only for editing) - things like phones that we mostly consume images wont matter. (I disagree for our phones are also getting better with better colors going up to 4k and more dynamic color quality that it would/should make a difference. 
then here comes this video by "tony & chelsea Northrump" making a video "jpg cost you thousands: lets change it" video talking about moving on from Jpeg. and there's really no down sides besides added up front cost in return to get more quality photos in the long run. 

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 5/16/2020 at 8:30 AM, jlmphotos said:

Personal opinion:  Those two idiots are often more wrong than right. Proceed with caution.  JPEG's are the World standard.

Nuff said.

I guess they're not wrong this time . Because heic/heif has lot of improvement , for example ,we can upload Higher resolution images to printing site's Which has upload size limits ,so we can still get way better detailed prints , without a change of upload size limits . This just one of the advantages and there is a lot of advantages in adopting heic/heif format .