ericrp

People -- Anything about People (Open Thread)

@Warwick: Hogwarts?

Looks like it, doesn't it? It's the dining hall at Keble College, Oxford, which was modelled on the dining hall at another Oxford college, Christ Church - which was the model for the hall of Hogwarts in the Harry Potter films. So you're sort of right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First outing for my new 23mm F2. I like this lens a lot. It's small and inconspicuous and it puts you at just the right distance from your subject to interact but without intruding on their space or crowding them in.

c04c1ff1c4c0f5b8a9edebceb0a421a0.jpgd8576470754e73b859293cad7a5e3894.jpg9a9ae4b46f8f01383e78de1a679bcf4f.jpg5f0622d50d15f54cfb4210e8cde4a437.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Warwick

Hope self portraits are ok in this thread.

Took this one today at the restaurant when we arrived a bit early.

The X-pro1 is surely the best looking camera I ever had and might ever have (including the X-T2 which I will buy very soon).

30682230132_b5a99f9f24_b.jpg

Edited by Hermelin

In my experience when shooting indoors or in artificial light, Astia is too yellow and Fuji tends to go a bit to the yellowish side for white balance (at least in my opinion). I'm fond to using CC or even Pro Neg Standard (or High if I wan't more contrast) for artificial light, as the tones appear to be more pleasing to my eye. But in normal conditions Astia is my favourite for portraits.