People -- Anything about People (Open Thread)

ericrp

Fisherman of Symi

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

X-E2 + 18-55

XE2 & XF18-135

Halloweens, Salt Spring island market. BC

XE2 /35 mm /1.4

EX2 / 18-55 mm

XE2 /18-55 mm

Sorry, Claude, I do not like this and it has nothing to do with your photography :D - I wonder, how many of the guests still had an appetite after seeing this.

Sorry George_P I respect your opinion, but my photography has a wide range of subject  :) You may not like the pic but other may appreciated 

Sorry George_P I respect your opinion, but my photography has a wide range of subject  :) You may not like the pic but other may appreciated 

No no no, Claude, you misunderstood me completely. Quite on the contrary - look at my post again please, I said it has nothing to do with your photography. Maybe it is a language issue, I am not a native English speaker. Let me explain.

I like your photos and this one sure has an interesting subject, what I don't like is the lady in charge is made to eat her meal right next to the entrance to the toilettes and it may be unpleasant for her and also for the guests of the restaurant. She should be allowed to take a break and eat her meal in privacy somewhere in the background rooms that are out of sight. Surely the restaurant or herself could sustain the loss of the small petty change caused by a short break. 

Just the same I wouldn't like to see a waiter or a cook eating his meal while sitting at one of the tables in the restaurant, it is not proper I think. I respect all professions performed well and I am at very good and friendly terms with waiters, cooks etc. at the restaurants I visit regularly. I like to give generous tips and I have the waiter put a drink for the cooks on my bill as often as not. But Hungary is an European country and I think the way that cleaning lady is organised is not perfect.

As far as photography is concerned, I am the last one to criticise anything or anybody because I am nothing more than a humble blundering amateur without a clue who is just enjoying his own attempts at learning something about photography from the photographers who are so kind to share their photos and advice on sites like this one. 

No offence intended, I apologise if I posted my comment in an unclear manner. Cheers.

Kharkiv Metro

EX2 / 14 mm 

No no no, Claude, you misunderstood me completely. Quite on the contrary - look at my post again please, I said it has nothing to do with your photography. Maybe it is a language issue, I am not a native English speaker. Let me explain.

I like your photos and this one sure has an interesting subject, what I don't like is the lady in charge is made to eat her meal right next to the entrance to the toilettes and it may be unpleasant for her and also for the guests of the restaurant. She should be allowed to take a break and eat her meal in privacy somewhere in the background rooms that are out of sight. Surely the restaurant or herself could sustain the loss of the small petty change caused by a short break. 

Just the same I wouldn't like to see a waiter or a cook eating his meal while sitting at one of the tables in the restaurant, it is not proper I think. I respect all professions performed well and I am at very good and friendly terms with waiters, cooks etc. at the restaurants I visit regularly. I like to give generous tips and I have the waiter put a drink for the cooks on my bill as often as not. But Hungary is an European country and I think the way that cleaning lady is organised is not perfect.

As far as photography is concerned, I am the last one to criticise anything or anybody because I am nothing more than a humble blundering amateur without a clue who is just enjoying his own attempts at learning something about photography from the photographers who are so kind to share their photos and advice on sites like this one. 

No offence intended, I apologise if I posted my comment in an unclear manner. Cheers.

No offended, no need to apologise. All good, just  misunderstood !  :D

• 3 weeks later...

XE2 / 18-55 mm

Bari (Italy)

Bari

A penny for your thoughts

Curiosity. Curiosity -1. 

This is an old low quality scan from film (but it WAS Fujifilm film so I hope Patrick won't ban me for life  :) ). I regret that I moved the frame but I was already getting up to check if he is OK. It was a safe place and they were both good swimmers but you know. Funny thing was the younger son didn't show any reaction whatsoever as his brother fell in. Totally indifferent.

F103008_ac.jpg

F103009_ac.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Buckaroo.

XPro2, XF23mm f2.

I cropped it used the golden spiral overlay in Lightroom to tweak the composition. Interesting thing is it works all 4 ways in this particular picture. I’d set it so that the eye of the spiral is bottom left, at the focal point of where they’re all looking, with the long ‘tail’ following the lines of their heads, but it also works with the eye of the spiral in the other three positions

fb26bd6614f43b14631c462608937991.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Warwick