People -- Anything about People (Open Thread)

ericrp

The baby seems to be rather indifferent to the type of film sim chosen :D but yes the second one is better.

Indeed, Little guy doesn't even care about when I tell him how excited I am to get hold of my XT-2 :D

In my experience when shooting indoors or in artificial light, Astia is too yellow and Fuji tends to go a bit to the yellowish side for white balance (at least in my opinion). I'm fond to using CC or even Pro Neg Standard (or High if I wan't more contrast) for artificial light, as the tones appear to be more pleasing to my eye. But in normal conditions Astia is my favourite for portraits.

Yeah I had some good shots indoors with Pro Neg Standard, might want to add +1 on color though as it can look a bit pale otherwise.

This was shot with Pro negative Hight JPEG; SOOC; only resized it.

It was shot with my new 90 and I had the shutter @ 1/250 to avoid camerashake (might have been a bit overkill) so ISO jumped up to 5000. Still looks ok IMO

VkloaSf.jpg

Edited by Hermelin

Hermelin,

Enjoy while you can, when our kids got bigger they didn't want to be photographed as often as I wanted to photograph them. They put on spoiling faces. I sometimes bump up colour +1 on Classic Chrome and Pro Neg too, especially if it is overcast or in the shadow.

Hendrik,

Beautiful, esp. the one with the snow falling from the branches. Hang it on a wall !

btw what on Earth is "peenhäälestus" ??!? Escapes my wildest imagination :D 

Hermelin,

Enjoy while you can, when our kids got bigger they didn't want to be photographed as often as I wanted to photograph them. They put on spoiling faces. I sometimes bump up colour +1 on Classic Chrome and Pro Neg too, especially if it is overcast or in the shadow.

Hendrik,

Beautiful, esp. the one with the snow falling from the branches. Hang it on a wall !

btw what on Earth is "peenhäälestus" ??!? Escapes my wildest imagination :D

Thanks for kind words!

"Peenhäälestus" is something like "minor tweaking" in English. Our Estonian government is saying that Estonia is in a place of time where big things are done and there is only "minor tweaking" left to do. People are protesting against this kind of situation :) . Yeah, Estonian is funny language!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 4 weeks later...

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! Have fun!

Haven't shot models for quite some time now, but for good reason, have had other subjects to focus on :-) We've had quite the baby-boom amongst our friends and relatives...

X-T2 & 35/2 & X100T.

XF 35 f1.4

Time for a smoke. Xpro2 35mm F2

Japanese couple in traditional costume.  X100S

• 2 weeks later...