I'm intrigued

CRAusmus

A Holga digital?  I'm very tempted.

Anyone here ever shot with a Holga before?  I kind of really enjoy shooting "Toy" cameras, but then I love shooting film still, so I'm wondering if there is any interest among the group for this.

69b4a67084fb35fc193898d2eb9e065a_origina

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2098439381/holga-digital-restyle-the-retro-vintage-into-new-c

• 3 weeks later...

Very intrigued to know the sensor size. Is it full frame?

I wish!  According to the kickstarter page, it is 1/3.2", which is the same size as iPhone 4 apparently.

Seems promising, and isn't terribly expensive.  As long as they address the issues that Lok and Rita from DigitalRev brought up in their review (linked on the kickstarter page), I'd say it could be worth it as a fun toy camera the same as a film holga except without having to deal with film.  I will agree with Lok though, the pictures of the prototype they used seem a lot more lifeless than the film versions.  Am I surprised? Not exactly.

well, it will probably be the ultimate streat camera which is not going to make anyone threatened and ultimately they will ALL laugh ( and not in a bad way) when you point this thing towards them.

As for quality. I am seriously amazed at the quality of my X-10! If they could package a sensor and lens like that in a camera like this someone would have a winner there.

well, it will probably be the ultimate streat camera which is not going to make anyone threatened and ultimately they will ALL laugh ( and not in a bad way) when you point this thing towards them.

As for quality. I am seriously amazed at the quality of my X-10! If they could package a sensor and lens like that in a camera like this someone would have a winner there.

Just paint your X-T10 pink and yellow and add some Hello Kitty stickers and it will be non-threatening too...