jkilgo

HMDI Output for Video to External Monitor

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am starting to use my X-T2 for video production and I have a SmallHD 701 Lite that I used with my Canon's.  I cannot get this external monitor to work with the X-T2 anyone here have experience using external monitors?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By FenFotos
      This is the scene on Memorial Day 2020. Masks, quiet, birds singing.... Few people on what is ordinarily a day mobbed with tourists and locals taking to our great park. With music, vendors, artists, bikers, joggers, horses & buggies, and a pond filled with rowboats. Now: this. This image with X-T2, 18-55mm Fuji Lens, Acros-R film emulation.
    • By Nicofit
      Good morning,
      I have a problem with my x-t30
      I'm not able to record any video because after a few second the video is automatically stopped and I can't understand why.
      I can't record more than 8/15 seconds.
      Does anyone know which is the problem?
      Many thanks
      have a nice day
      Nico 
    • By Paul Szilard
      Just curious, is there a significant user base on this site that shoots video and therefore is there (or should it be created??) a Video forum that I couldn't find?
      I happen to be the president of the Sydney Video Makers Club in Australia, and have a keen interest to shoot both video and stills using my Fuji system, having escaped from 20+ years of using Nikon.
    • By Marko92
      Good morning everyone,
      I'm a Fuji lover since the day they came up with that old fashioned looking xpro - what a great story they have built to become a solid challenger to the Canon, Nikon & Sony of this world.
      I'm using my XT3 primarily for video creation and am looking at switching to the XT4, due to the stabilization and therefore capacity to film handheld in some situations. I'm also considering switching from the standard lens kit (18-55 f2.8-4) to the 16-55 f2.8, which however doesn't have built in stab.
      My question: (i) from what the IBIS can do on other cameras (XH1?), do you expect it can offset the lack of lens stab?, (ii) I've read somewhere that should you mount your fuji on a DJI Ronin stabilizer and connect it, you may lose the in camera stabilization - is this fake or real?
      thanks a lot for your help (from Paris, France !)
    • By Frodo007
      Hello there! I am new to this forum and a proud owner of an X-T2.
      Last night I wished to try interval timer shooting to stack some star tracks, so I programmed my gear for 545 1-second exposures each separated by 10 seconds, at ISO 1000.  OIS was off, AF was set to manual with focus set at infinity and aperture also set to manual, at the widest setting for the lens. The body firmware version is 4.30 and the battery was fully charged.

When the shooting was over, I was disappointed to see that only 292 exposures had been taken instead of the 545 I had keyed in.

Anybody have an idea why this happened?
    • In May 2020, I have the latest firmware update and I have noticed that this problem is still there, but as I mainly shoot landscapes it has so far not been a problem.  However, for spontaneous people shots it could be disastrous!  For wedding photography (just to give an example) the problem needs fixing, if one is to catch fleeting expressions.  Professional models can no doubt hold an expression and still look natural, but normal people can't!
    • I have the X100V and the tilt screen seems to be very practical. It is very thin, but the feel is not flimsy at all! Well done!. The V becomes realy warm, we'll see how it will do when it is realy hot outside! (I live in very warm climate). For longer video sequences I have problems (for videos I'll buy a small Panasonic LX10). But the lens is great, pritty much sharper than the X100F without much loss of the shade and color transitition (fidelity). The film-simulations are great for JPEG fotogr
    • I use the Op/Tech Dual Harness, which is modestly priced and easily enables me to carry two camera, one of them a large Medium Format analogue camera, for hours without discomfort. I review the harness as used with the Pentacon Six here: http://pentaconsix.com/p6straps.htm I have now added the Op/Tech straps to my GFX 50S, threading the straps through the clips that are supplied with the camera, and this works very well. The Op/Tech Super Pro B connectors look very similar to the strap
    • I have three of the Hartblei Pentacon Six to Fuji GFX  adapters: simple adapter, shift adapter and tilt adapter. With them a series of longer lenses can be used.  For instance the old Enna 400mm lens is excellent on the Pentacon Six and so will easily cover the GFX format.  See a review of it here: http://pentaconsix.com/enna.htm There are two 500mm lenses for the Pentacon Six, the Pentacon lens, which is very heavy (3.5 kg) but excellent.  See here: http://pentaconsix.com/500_560mm.htm
    • Review of Laowa 17mm & Fuji 23mm GF lenses First, the Fuji 23mm f/4 GF lens for the GFX cameras is excellent in all respects.  There is very slight vignetting at maximum aperture, but that is to be expected with such a wide-angle lens. The 17mm Laowa lens is not in the same league.  No EXIF data on aperture transmitted to the camera, and there is significant vignetting at f/4 and f/5.6, with some vignetting even at f/11 – visible in test pictures of a brick wall, but not obvi