XT3 ISO dial often moves drive ring

RedMenace

I've had my XT3 for a few weeks now and I'm finding that about 40-60% of the time that I make changes to the ISO dial, that it's also moving my drive mode ring. It happens more often while I'm shooting with the EVF, but can also happen while testing with the camera in my lap. I'm not fitting the front ring knob, it's just that there's sometimes enough play and friction between the two for this to occur.

Hugely frustrating to suddenly be in bust mode when I'd meant to be in single shot mode. This can happen regardless of what mode I happen to start in. I've tried various ways of turning the ISO dial. Thumbing the ISO dial from the back is a bit more likely to have this issue, but even careful thumb-and-index finger adjustments are risky.

Anyone else ever encountered this? Any fixes? I've got a trip coming soon and it would be fairly tight to have it sent in for repair and get it back before that trip.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi RedMenace,  Please read and see my post from November 19 "X-T3 Drive Dial" which is not a solution for anybody, but I sure solved my problem which sounds like yours. I didn't do anything about the "Metering Dial Handle" which also moves sometimes, because I don't use the "A"utomatic metering. I did suggest to Fujifilm to look for a solution for the future cameras like X-T4 but did not get any response.  Eli Carmel

Yeah I nudge the dial too. The metering dial under the SS too. It's kinda annoying as one of the main reasons I bought the camera was because of those dials. But...the camera is so customizable I love it. I remapped the iso and shutter speed to the command dials. I think I would just need to build up some muscle memory to use the top dials but now I'm so used to using the command dials it's no big deal really.

It would be nice to be able to turn off the drive dial and metering dial and gain access to them in Q menu maybe.

Every camera has it's quirks. After awhile you don't notice them. I shoot Canon too and I when I pick up my 5Div and lens it's like shooting with a cinder block. Shooting with the X-T3 is f***ing liberating!