Presently overwhelmed

Kashbroo

I started out about 45 years ago with a 110 camera when I was about eleven years old. Bought a 126 as soon as I could afford it.  I enjoyed taking pictures of friends, family at parties, and critters as they scurried by me. In my twenties I bought the 35mm camera Minolta X-700 with the motor and digital back.  I read the user manual to find what each know or switch did, but nothing compared to actually shooting and developing the 35mm film.  The camera lasted me a few years, but I got my first DSLR Canon Rebel T2i about 12 years ago.  It was my workhorse, but it got to the point I couldn't get support for it and I was frustrated with the blurry images.  Enter my new XH-1.  The difference between the Canon Rebel and the Fujifilm XH1 is almost the same as going from the 110 to the Minolta.  I purchased the 50-140 and 100-400 lenses and battery grip. It's going to be a learning curve, but I think I have enough incentive to take a class.  I live in the desert southwest (southern California) so I will be heading out to take some shots soon to test the 100-400mm lens.