floyd

Switched from X-T2 to X-H1? Any regrets?

I've owned an XT2 for almost a year now. I bought it just after the XT3 came out because of the deep discounts. Now I see there are deep discounts on the X-H1. So I'm considering moving to the X-H1. I shoot exclusively black and white stills. I've been happy with the xt2, but really like the idea of stabilization on the XH1.

So, if you've made the switch from the XT2 to the XH1, are you happy with the switch? Any regrets?

Do you miss anything about the XT2? 

Has the stabilization feature lived up to the hype?

Thanks!

I did that on July and I’ve not any regret. The XH1 is very well balanced in hand, specially with large lenses as the 90mm, as with any other, even the 27mm pancake. 

The weight is very acceptable and I find the holding largely better than the XT2. (without a grip)   

And Ibis is very efficient (it’s the reason I bought the XH1) + it’s very affordable actual discount price 

Thanks, Zababo!

Your comments definitely are moving me in the direction of buying the XH1. I know the sensor and processor are the same between the XT2 and XH1, but have you noticed any difference in still image (RAW) quality?

I own and use both.

Both give very similar results photographically, but the T2 is smaller and lighter, which is good for travel, and the cable thread is good in bad weather.

When weight is not an issue, the H1 with the 16/55 is an amazing combination.

Regrets, none, wouldn't part with either.

Edited by tractorboyx
Spelling errors

1 hour ago, floyd said:

It's funny you should suggest that video. I actually watched an hour before I saw your post! Very enlightening!

Exactly! When I saw it, I knew not even the XT3 would be able to match the sharpness without IBIS. I does make a difference in low light.

I'm now shooting both an X-T2 and X-H1. As others have said, I like both and am glad I added the H1 to my kit. The IBIS and quiet shutter are two really nice features of the H1 for me. I don't shoot videos so I cannot speak to that. I don't think you would regret getting an H1.