Switched from X-T2 to X-H1? Any regrets?

I've owned an XT2 for almost a year now. I bought it just after the XT3 came out because of the deep discounts. Now I see there are deep discounts on the X-H1. So I'm considering moving to the X-H1. I shoot exclusively black and white stills. I've been happy with the xt2, but really like the idea of stabilization on the XH1.

So, if you've made the switch from the XT2 to the XH1, are you happy with the switch? Any regrets?

Do you miss anything about the XT2? 

Has the stabilization feature lived up to the hype?

Thanks!

I did that on July and I’ve not any regret. The XH1 is very well balanced in hand, specially with large lenses as the 90mm, as with any other, even the 27mm pancake. 

The weight is very acceptable and I find the holding largely better than the XT2. (without a grip)   

And Ibis is very efficient (it’s the reason I bought the XH1) + it’s very affordable actual discount price 

I own and use both.

Both give very similar results photographically, but the T2 is smaller and lighter, which is good for travel, and the cable thread is good in bad weather.

When weight is not an issue, the H1 with the 16/55 is an amazing combination.

Regrets, none, wouldn't part with either.

Edited by tractorboyx
Spelling errors

I'm now shooting both an X-T2 and X-H1. As others have said, I like both and am glad I added the H1 to my kit. The IBIS and quiet shutter are two really nice features of the H1 for me. I don't shoot videos so I cannot speak to that. I don't think you would regret getting an H1.

• 2 months later...

Well, it's been a while since I started this thread. In that time I purchased an X-H1. I should have done my research better. I'm sure the photos I've taken with my X-H1 are amazing... if I could only see/download them! While my X-T2 Fujifilm RAW files imported just fine into my Lightroom 6.14, I am completely unable to import my X-H1 RAW files into LR. After doing research (that I should have done before) I learned this is a common problem with LR 6.14 and only fixable by subscribing to Adobe's outrageously priced LR CC. Or I can purchase Capture One (Fujifilm version). I don't mind buying new software, but at my advanced age I just don't feel like learning a new software and workflow (actually I'm more intimidated by learning Capture One).

So I'm going to sell the X-H1 and try to find a nice X-T2. Anyone looking to buy a barely used, almost new X-H1? And anyone have a nice X-T2 they want to sell?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope you can work out your issue, floyd, perhaps in the way Maplebiker suggested, as the X-H1 is a fine camera producing excellent images for me. I still like my X-T2 as well and plan to shoot both for quite a while together rather than upgrade to any newer models of either camera.

• 2 weeks later...

I moved from X-T2 to X-H1 mainly because of IBIS. I love low-light urban landscapes. The X-H1 hasn't disappointed me. I compared it with the X-T3 and the H1 handles much better. Feels more robust, better shutter and better grip. A big unexpected plus for me was the linear manual focus setting on the H1 that the T2 and my x-Pro2 don't have. It allows you to manually focus in a linear mode for a more consistent feel...

And by the way the 3.7mio EVF is superior over the X-T2 EVF with 2.3mio pixels

Edited by Herco
added EVF comment

• 2 months later...

I started with X-T3 recently added the X-H1, no regrets other than wished I bought it originally instead of X-T3. Its nice to have the option of the X-T3 form favor and souped up AF if the situation calls for it. But the IBIS  is the hero here.... big time, as well as the ergos. I may buy another one at these prices, saw a like new one with grip on Craigslist for $750. I got mine without grip for same.

On 1/30/2020 at 3:48 AM, floyd said:

Well, it's been a while since I started this thread. In that time I purchased an X-H1. I should have done my research better. I'm sure the photos I've taken with my X-H1 are amazing... if I could only see/download them! While my X-T2 Fujifilm RAW files imported just fine into my Lightroom 6.14, I am completely unable to import my X-H1 RAW files into LR. After doing research (that I should have done before) I learned this is a common problem with LR 6.14 and only fixable by subscribing to Adobe's outrageously priced LR CC. Or I can purchase Capture One (Fujifilm version). I don't mind buying new software, but at my advanced age I just don't feel like learning a new software and workflow (actually I'm more intimidated by learning Capture One).

So I'm going to sell the X-H1 and try to find a nice X-T2. Anyone looking to buy a barely used, almost new X-H1? And anyone have a nice X-T2 they want to sell?

Shame, you should seriously look at Capture One as

a) you don't have to pay for it, the Fuji version is free to users of Fuji.

b) Capture one really does not have a big learning curve at all, people make out it does, and it put me off for a long while, and then I did it and it was great. It has a tool to import and covert your existing LR catalogue (whilst preserving the LR catalogue)

c) There are options to configure the view and workflow to ape LR as closely as is possible to help you settle in. Google for a tutorial.

G

8 hours ago, gordonrussell76 said:

Shame, you should seriously look at Capture One as

a) you don't have to pay for it, the Fuji version is free to users of Fuji.

b) Capture one really does not have a big learning curve at all, people make out it does, and it put me off for a long while, and then I did it and it was great. It has a tool to import and covert your existing LR catalogue (whilst preserving the LR catalogue)

c) There are options to configure the view and workflow to ape LR as closely as is possible to help you settle in. Google for a tutorial.

G

Gordon,

Thank you for the post! From what you described, I think you felt the way I feel now regarding using Capture One. Since writing the post you quoted, I actually bought Capture One for Fujifilm. But I keep putting off learning how to use it. To be honest... I'm intimidated by learning a new software (I'm an old guy kinda set in my ways) when I feel so comfortable using Lightroom. I bought Capture One when I was feeling motivated to learn the program. But I kept putting it off and now I just don't have the energy to dive in. But I don't want the money I spent on the program to go to waste. So your comments are inspiring me to kick myself in the a$$ and learn Capture One. I've watched a few Capture One tutorials on youtube, and it seems pretty easy to learn. It just making that initial commitment.

Edited by floyd