NickPhasit

X-T100 view mode won't switch back from EVF

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My X-T100 will not switch back from EVF view when in "EVF+LCD image display". However, when i turn the camera off the on again the LCD still displays no problem until I bring the camera up to shoot using the EVF, duration which the EVF displays no problem. However, when I bring the camera down again to shoot using the LCD display, the camera seems unable to detect this and won't switch on the LCD while remaining in EVF view. 

Any reasonable solutions? Thanks. 

On 10/24/2019 at 10:19 AM, Olaf W. said:

Did you switch the view mode to auto (using the VIEW MODE button)?

Yes I did. It just wont switch back back to LCD display when i move away from the evf in "evf+lcd display"

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I can‘t find such a setting in the manual. If you are referring to „Eye sensor + LCD image display“, this means that the LCD will show a taken image after you took your eye from the viewfinder.

I have not experienced this with my X-T100 but what I usually do in these situations is do a reset :set-up menu 1 then Set-up reset. Do you have firmware 2.00 installed? But even if it has ver 2.00, reinstall it, then do a reset. If the problem still persist you know its a eye sensor problem. It should still be covered by the 2 year warranty. 

Edited by Piet Le Roux

Ok in the manual on page 12 it indicates that there are 5 modes that you can select by pressing the "View Mode" button : you could be on "EVF only +AUTO" and then the LCD screen will not work, you should be on "sensor+EYE SENSOR " . You have to look in the EVF while you toggle the "View Mode" button to see in which mode you are at present.

My one year old X-T100 is also showing this problem. The eye sensor is triggered when blocked, but then it doesn't revert back when unblocked. Already tried to clean the sensor but no luck.

Might have to trigger the warranty. But I was hopping that a firmware upgrade might adjust the sensitivity.

Posted (edited)

I came across the same issue as well. Problem solved. 

After inserting a flimsy plastic piece (anything with certain thickness), it is back in business.

It seems this is a problem about the sensitivity of the sensor. 

I first used a screw driver to create a tiny gap in between, and it worked. 

Stupid thing. ^^

Check out this picture by opening the link below.

>>>https://www.flickr.com/photos/101229715@N05/49993152063/in/dateposted-public/<<<

Edited by West Adam

On 6/3/2020 at 12:06 AM, West Adam said:

I came across the same issue as well. Problem solved. 

After inserting a flimsy plastic piece (anything with certain thickness), it is back in business.

It seems this is a problem about the sensitivity of the sensor. 

I first used a screw driver to create a tiny gap in between, and it worked. 

Stupid thing. ^^

Can you elaborate a little bit? I have the same problem on my X-E3

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2020 at 7:55 AM, Alessandr0 said:

Can you elaborate a little bit? I have the same problem on my X-E3

I think the glitch is caused by the round plastic bit adjoining the eye sensor.

The eye sensor is situated at the bottom.

After using the camera for a period, the either side of the eye piece (mine is on the left) somehow starts interfering/blocking the eye sensor. 

If the eye piece was detachable (like the one on X-T1), you would see what's causing the issue.

Sadly, it can't be removed.

I used a small cracked piece from a cell phone screen protector to stuff the gap.

It's safe to insert anything thin and tiny by using a screw driver to pry the edge of the flexible eye piece.

Enlarging the gap does the trick. ^^

Edited by West Adam