NickPhasit

X-T100 view mode won't switch back from EVF

My X-T100 will not switch back from EVF view when in "EVF+LCD image display". However, when i turn the camera off the on again the LCD still displays no problem until I bring the camera up to shoot using the EVF, duration which the EVF displays no problem. However, when I bring the camera down again to shoot using the LCD display, the camera seems unable to detect this and won't switch on the LCD while remaining in EVF view. 

Any reasonable solutions? Thanks. 

On 10/24/2019 at 10:19 AM, Olaf W. said:

Did you switch the view mode to auto (using the VIEW MODE button)?

Yes I did. It just wont switch back back to LCD display when i move away from the evf in "evf+lcd display"

I can‘t find such a setting in the manual. If you are referring to „Eye sensor + LCD image display“, this means that the LCD will show a taken image after you took your eye from the viewfinder.

I have not experienced this with my X-T100 but what I usually do in these situations is do a reset :set-up menu 1 then Set-up reset. Do you have firmware 2.00 installed? But even if it has ver 2.00, reinstall it, then do a reset. If the problem still persist you know its a eye sensor problem. It should still be covered by the 2 year warranty. 

Edited by Piet Le Roux

Ok in the manual on page 12 it indicates that there are 5 modes that you can select by pressing the "View Mode" button : you could be on "EVF only +AUTO" and then the LCD screen will not work, you should be on "sensor+EYE SENSOR " . You have to look in the EVF while you toggle the "View Mode" button to see in which mode you are at present.