New X-H1 can't handle my X-T2 raw files in X RAW Studio

I've just traded-in my X-T2 for an X-H1 since I like it ergonomics and IBIS. Normally I use CaptureOne for raw processing and occasionally ON1 Photo Raw. Their 2020 edition is a big improvement for Fuji shooters.

However, I wanted to revisit a raw file from my X-T2 and run it again through the in-camera raw converter using X Raw Studio. Much to my surprise, the software didn't accept my X-H1 nor my X-Pro2 to process the X-T2 raw file. It needs to connect to an X-T2 (which I don't own anymore)!! In the user manual Fujifilm states: "Please note, the RAW conversion is only compatible with a RAW file taken by the same camera model as the camera connected to the computer. For example, if the connected camera is a FUJIFILM X-T2, the RAW file must be taken by a FUJIFILM X-T2." I was stunned...

Is this me doing something wrong or just incredibly bad design by Fujifilm? I fully understand that an older camera can't process newer X-Trans CMOS4/X-Processor4  files. But all of my current camera's are X-Trans CMOS3 and X-Processor Pro just like the X-T2 with which I made the photos. I would expect compatibility to be depending on the sensor/processor combination (and pref some backwards compatibility as well for my X-Pro1 files), but not on the actual precise camera type?! This makes X Raw Studio useless when you update your camera. Clearly not a great business model...