Why no ISO dial on entry level models?

Xero Eddie

Just curious. On the XT-30 and XE3 models they don't have the ISO dial like on the X-T3, but they still have the exposure compensation dial. If they wanted to make a simpler design for the entry level models, why not keep the ISO dial and remove the exposure compensation dial instead? Maybe I shoot differently than most photographers but in my mind the most important settings on a camera are the aperture, shutter and ISO controls. Was it a deliberate nerf to get people to buy the X-T3 for the full "Fuji-experience" or do most people use the exposure compensation dial more than the ISO dial?

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

I use the rear dial to change ISO on both the X-T3 and X-T30 - it keeps the interface the same and is actually easier to use when shooting than the top dial.

I would probably do that too when I buy my first Fuji camera. Do you have to push the dial before setting the ISO? Can you scroll through the Auto ISO settings too with the same dial or how would you typically map both settings?

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

No - you don't need to push the dial first and yes - you can scroll through all fixed and auto ISO settings with the same dial (the three Auto ISO settings are at the end after the highest fixed ISO).

Awesome! This is exactly how I would setup the dial on the XE3. Would do you use the other dial for? I was thinking if setting it to face/eye detect would be beneficial but I'm not sure.

18 hours ago, Xero Eddie said:

Awesome! This is exactly how I would setup the dial on the XE3. Would do you use the other dial for? I was thinking if setting it to face/eye detect would be beneficial but I'm not sure.

I use the other dial for aperture - frequently using adapted lenses and lenses without aperture ring it gives me a consistent interface.