Why all the variations in Fuji repair prices?

Gary Guthrie

I have a 1.5 year old Fuji X-T2. The motherboard went out within the first few months and they fixed it at no cost as it was under warranty.

Fast-forward 1.2 years...

I was trying to use my new Arsenal unit on the X-T2 and my Nikon D-750. The Nikon setup was seamless, but the Fuji-Arsenal connection wouldn't work. Arsenal sent another cable. Still didn't work. Suggested that I plug something else in to the X-T2's USB port -- which, by the way, I had never used prior to the Arsenal setup process. Still didn't work, so Arsenal suggested I send the camera into Fuji.

So, I did.

I rec'd a notice that the camera had arrived. Good. But, more than a week later, no response as to an estimate, so I called. Was told that if I didn't hear anything within 24 hours to call again. I actually waited 72 hours and still no response, so I called back.

This time I spoke to "Dan" who told me that there was an issue, again, with the motherboard and that to repair/replace would be $408.

Wow -- half the price of a new body?

I asked to speak to a manager and was transferred to Dan Scrolla's (sp?) phone. Left a message. A week later, no response.

$408 seems ridiculous. I've seen repair costs for other X-T2 motherboards in the $200 range. What have been other's experiences?