Getting my first Fujifilm camera.

I've been a Nikon shooter since 2008 and love my D7200. It's big though (especially with my trusty 17-55 2.8) and I rarely take it with me so I would love to get a more compact mirrorless option that's easier to carry around. There's a charm to Fuji-cameras that Sony or other compact mirrorless cameras don't have in my opinion. I love the way they look and feel. I've been looking at the XT-3, X-T30 and XE3 but I'm not sure which one to get yet. Before I went to the local shop to try them out for myself I was mostly leaning towards the XT-30 because of the design and the compact size but now I'm back to square one again. I love that the X-T3 has a ISO dial and it feels better in my hands because of the bigger size. I do like the compact size of the two though. Even though the XE3 is as small as the X-T30 it somehow feels more natural because of the rangefinder design, whereas the X-T30 feels like a miniature X-T3.

When looking at reviews of the cameras it seems like the X-T30 is more advanced than the XE3 since its a newer camera so my question is, is there any advantage to the XE3 other than if you have a preference for the rangefinder design?

I have no doubt that I would love having any of them though. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Another option is to consider possibly the previous generation of the x series which you could probably get at a good price and save more for a lens. 

Honestly, if you're planning to do video, then looking at the current gen cameras is quite tempting, but typically for photos, you can produce amazing photos with any of the previous gen x series.  There aren't any real duds in the Fuji lineup.

I'm still happy with the photos that I get with my xt1 and use it much more often even though I have an xt2.  Same with my x100.  Depends on what you are looking for I guess.