Voigtlander 15mm 4.5 version 1

Chris B

Anyone here with exp. adapting this lens to one of the X cameras? I jumped on one before I did enough reading and it seems like it may be a bad candidate for adapting..... Just curious while I wait for delivery if there are any people on here that have tried this?

Thanks,

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up if anyone searches this lens in the future. I was not impressed and have moved it along to another owner. Was not able to get images that I was satisfied with, particularly with objects in the distance. It was not a focus issue, rather the lens just did not render well enough on my x-t3. Images were just a bit fuzzy for me, up close was not too bad. I read somewhere that it could be due in part to the angle of the rear element and closeness to the sensor. Rear element really does protrude quite a bit.

Edited by Chris B

• 3 weeks later...

I use this lens without a problem, it has a screw-mount L39 adaptor. Make sure you have the right adaptor, or you may need a thin paper ring behind it to add to the distance of the rear element from the sensor - if it is too close it will not focus properly to infinity. 

Have you anything to compare it to in that focal length? I was certainly using the correct adapter and compared it to 3 other lenses in the same focal length approx. Of the 4 lenses this was by far the worst performer, particularly for objects at a distance. Are you using the same version? My understanding was that the other versions had some corrections to the rear element stack to increase performance.

• 1 year later...