nickramm

New Member - Issue With Video on XT2 - Nasty Artifacts/Noise?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey Guys, new to the forum, been a Fujifilm shooter for 2 years.

I'm working on a video for a client and noticed when editing that I get very nasty artifacts/noise in certain areas of my video when grading. I don't know whether this is a camera issue, or grading issue. Below is a link to one of the shots in question - for comparison I have both the edited version, as well as the original (I know in this case the reds are where the problem is, but I've had the same issue in other areas in other shots).  Has anyone else encountered this issue? I'm editing in premier, and only doing basic grading with lumetri color (curves, and basic correction). 

https://youtu.be/XCyUFutVrFo

Thanks in advance. I really love shooting on fujifilm, but I can't seem to find a solution to this issue. I hope it's a stupid thing I'm overlooking.

Hi, Nick, - just saw your question. My guess is that the camera colour depth is low. Like 8 bit, perhaps? And you are pushing past the capability of the content. I shoot a lot of video with the XT3, and have not had any issues. If you get an opportunity to use an external recorder, it may record higher bit depth so could be worth a try. I no longer have X-T2, so can't test myself.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Somemorr
      My problem:
      My X-t30 no longer lets me record video. Nothing happens when I push the shutter button in video mode.
      Background:
      - My main use for this camera is for recording video projects at my workplace.
      - I noticed the issue after using the camera as a webcam with a elgato camlink 4k. I had optimised the in-camera settings for use as a webcam during the past months of Zooming everyday.
      My attempted fixes so far:
      - I reverted all my in-camera settings back to my usual, non-webcam settings.
      - I updated the firmware to the latest version.
      -  Many google searches to see if anyone else has had and posted a fix to this issue. 

• By Kasumi3344
      What are the best zoom lenses and prime lenses for 4K 24 FPS video on the XT-4?  I'm looking to duplicate the film days as closely as I can.  The greatest like Steven Spielberg (Schindler's List, E.T. The Extraterrestrial, Duel), John Carpenter (Escape from New York/L.A., Big Trouble in Little China).

I plan to do Black and White, and color.

Thanks.
    • By ibraxwane
      Hi guys,
      Hope you're all well.
      My Fuji randomly stopped turning on a few weeks ago. The screen turns on but not completely (as seen on the attachments). Changing to the Viewfinder also doesn't work, shutter doesn't go off...nothing works. When I turn it off, the screen stays on; I have to remove the battery for my camera to shut down. I've interchanged between my 3 batteries multiple times, and the problem persists.
      I've looked for solutions on forums, but never found anything that fits. Tried updating the firmware through an SD card but the camera won't even turn on for the update to begin in the first place.

Any tips? I'd love to hear from you guys!
      Cheers,
      Ibra

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By Nicofit
      Good morning,
      I have a problem with my x-t30
      I'm not able to record any video because after a few second the video is automatically stopped and I can't understand why.
      I can't record more than 8/15 seconds.
      Does anyone know which is the problem?
      Many thanks
      have a nice day
      Nico 
    • By Filand
      Hello,
      I have a quick question regarding the XT-2.  I jumped from a Canon 40D to the XT-2 some time ago.  I love the camera and the feel and output are fantastic for me.  With that said, I have noticed that I have a harder time (on the Fuji) transferring what I see in my viewfinder to my computer screen.  In other words there seems to be a disconnect between what I see in the computer and what I remember being in the viewfinder.  I don't think it is a color or exposure issue, maybe a framing?  Not quite sure.  Do I simply need more experience with the camera?  I'm using a 18-55 for both cameras.  Thank you.
    • Greybeard, I  I did put both cards in the Fuji to format. 1 failed, the other formatted but failed to record all the images I took. B&H authorized a return. So I'll look at either cards recommended by Fuji
    • Did you format the cards in camera? If the cards work in the Panasonic they should work in the Fuji. You really shouldn't be getting these types of problem with any modern SD card.
    • One more thing I've noticed is that Exposure Compensation set to 0.0 and the time of shooting was 22:06. May be it's just to dark outside already?
    • Problem solved-- previous owner had used the wrong screen protector!! Edit: or rather, they'd put the thick edge on the right hand side instead of the left!  Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • Is this closer to what you had in mind? This is a very fast edit to recover the shadow information. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. There are several things to consider. As has been mentioned, the images were underexposed, probably due to the metering (it is set to be the most banal setting imaginable -- one that most folks change). Exposing on the bright building or the sky will make the trees go very dark. In reading the various posts you h