An annoying issue about video shooting on XT3

ozmen

I have found an annoying issue on my XT3. While shooting video with XT-3 exposure shifts as I zoom. This happens in full manual mode ( f-stop, shutter and ISO all manual). This clicky exposure changes makes the video totally useless. I have seen the issue with Fuji zoom lenses like 16-55 or 10-24. With manual vintage lenses it works OK.

• 1 month later...

with X-T2, I try switching AE-L setting on ON/OFF mode ** and pushing the small botton AE-L I can lock the autoexposure completely, so I can record a movie with a fixed exposure and I can adjust quickly in post production.

Now I did an iside test with artificial light and seems it work properly, tomorrow I will test outside with natural light.

** here the way to set up the AE-L button operating mode

The roles of the buttons can be changed using the following

BUTTON/DIAL SETTING options:

Fn/AE‑L/AF‑L BUTTON SETTING: Choose the roles played by the AE‑L and AF‑L buttons.

AE/AF‑LOCK MODE: If AE&AF ON/OFF SWITCH is selected for AE/AF-LOCK MODE, focus and/or exposure lock when the button is pressed and remain locked until the button is pressed again.

• 2 weeks later...