Fuji Raw converter with panorama stitching capabilities

Dear all,

I need some advice because I am new to photography (right now waiting for my first camera to arrive, FUJI X100F with tele and wide lens-converters and bunch of other gear to go with it). Looking to buy a software for good Fuji Raw conversion with panorama stitching capabilities.

Right now C12 is a serious contender, only thing allegedly missing from it that I would actually need is panorama stitching. Do anyone know if that function can be achieved with some sort of plug-in for CS12 or can you maybe recommend some utility not-so-expensive software for that? Thanks!

Edited by androniksupersonik

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm using ON1 Photo Raw (2020) alongside CaptureOne 12 (C1). Some actions are just more clever solved in ON1 (culling, tagging, managing raw+jpg...) but ON1 also has Pano stitching and focus stacking. Next to that the new 2020-edition has a much improved RAF-support. Sharpening and noise reduction is now almost at C1-level. Library management, culling and tagging and basic editing I do in ON1. Whenever I have a photo that I want to be perfect for publishing/printing I open it in C1 and do the fine editing. But with ON1 2020 that might even change... PS. next to great software at a fair price, ON1 also delivers great support and their Plus package includes many free courses (also generic photography courses) that are frequently renewed and nice downloads such as presets and LUTs.

On 10/19/2019 at 6:20 PM, Herco said:

Hi, I'm using ON1 Photo Raw (2020) alongside CaptureOne 12 (C1). Some actions are just more clever solved in ON1 (culling, tagging, managing raw+jpg...) but ON1 also has Pano stitching and focus stacking. Next to that the new 2020-edition has a much improved RAF-support. Sharpening and noise reduction is now almost at C1-level. Library management, culling and tagging and basic editing I do in ON1. Whenever I have a photo that I want to be perfect for publishing/printing I open it in C1 and do the fine editing. But with ON1 2020 that might even change... PS. next to great software at a fair price, ON1 also delivers great support and their Plus package includes many free courses (also generic photography courses) that are frequently renewed and nice downloads such as presets and LUTs.

Thanx Herco!

Is there any reason then to still consider CaptureOne then when it seems to me ON1 2020 does all that + stitching and at better price?

I'm working with both now to find out if ON1 can do all that I need. The difference between older versions of ON1 and C1 where much greater (in favour of C1) but the ON1 2020 edition has improved a lot esp. for Fuji shooters.

So far I think C1 is still better in color editing, the Fuji film profiles (quite a bit better), b&w controls and still somewhat better in sharpening and noise reduction. ON1 has a better digital asset management (importing, culling, keywords, managing raw+jpeg...), some very nice effect filters and is easier to use. However, note that presets and filters in ON1 can easily become a bit 'too colourful' and 'over-edited'. You have to hold back a little bit and apply the opacity slider generously.

With 'easier to use' I mean that in ON1 some adjustments are combined in handy filters you can apply, whereas in C1 you need to combine multiple tools to achieve the same results.

In general: C1 is IMO more aimed at professionals and high-end users, while ON1 is aimed at enthousiasts. I don't use pano stitching and HDR so for me there's no clear winner yet... but if I would do pano and HDR I would definitely download the trail version of ON1 and have a very close look at it.

On 10/26/2019 at 5:21 PM, Herco said:

I'm working with both now to find out if ON1 can do all that I need. The difference between older versions of ON1 and C1 where much greater (in favour of C1) but the ON1 2020 edition has improved a lot esp. for Fuji shooters.

So far I think C1 is still better in color editing, the Fuji film profiles (quite a bit better), b&w controls and still somewhat better in sharpening and noise reduction. ON1 has a better digital asset management (importing, culling, keywords, managing raw+jpeg...), some very nice effect filters and is easier to use. However, note that presets and filters in ON1 can easily become a bit 'too colourful' and 'over-edited'. You have to hold back a little bit and apply the opacity slider generously.

With 'easier to use' I mean that in ON1 some adjustments are combined in handy filters you can apply, whereas in C1 you need to combine multiple tools to achieve the same results.

In general: C1 is IMO more aimed at professionals and high-end users, while ON1 is aimed at enthousiasts. I don't use pano stitching and HDR so for me there's no clear winner yet... but if I would do pano and HDR I would definitely download the trail version of ON1 and have a very close look at it.

Thank you very very much!

As I am total beginer, I think that I will combine free C1 for Fuji and in time buy ON1.

Very helpfull, thanx again!