Hey guys

Firstly I love Fuji, and believe they are awesome for unleashing the most out of their gear through various big firmware updates.

However I cannot understand why Fuji keep ignoring the poor +1/-1 exposure bracketing!!! 

Seriously; there is no reason not to enable more, I'd imagine a simple line or two of code. People have been asking for a long time, yet they seem almost insistent in ignoring this? 

Even though I don't like the super HDR shot, it can be very handy under difficult lighting to capture the best exposure.

Thoughts?

I would suspect that it hasn't been addressed because perhaps Fuji cameras are doing a lot of "magic" behind the scenes in their cameras in controlling and managing the exposure and dynamic range. That seems to be the only excuse that I can think of that would keep them from quickly addressing the issue.

I would suspect that it hasn't been addressed because perhaps Fuji cameras are doing a lot of "magic" behind the scenes in their cameras in controlling and managing the exposure and dynamic range. That seems to be the only excuse that I can think of that would keep them from quickly addressing the issue.

Wide dynamic range is not an excuse for the lack of bracketing abilities. What if my scene has a DR of 20+ stops? Here's a quick example from my (very) old archives, shot with Minolta 7D in a short bracketing burst handheld:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

That scene could've used 5 or even 7 more stops of DR, as a matter of fact. Fortunately, at the time it was cutting edge. Unfortunately, in 2015 it just won't cut it at all.

Just a thought that there might be something going on with their sensor hocus pocus that prevents them from doing it. Especially when you consider all of the other things that they ARE able to do. It seems to simple to seem like they'd intentionally want to leave out. However, I'll admit that in my 7 years of professional photography, I've never once needed to use bracketing. But, that's not to say I shouldn't have been. :-)

The latest update to Photoshop CC (and I assume Lightroom) includes HDR in Adobe Camera RAW. It does a remarkable job of eliminating the ugly artifacts that turned so many off HDR in the early days. I too would love a ±4.0EV range, but even with the ±1.0 X-Pro1 bracket, a definite gain is visible. 

That's an interesting point that Fuji could be doing some hocus pocus in the background . But if they can doing +1/-1 bracketing then I don't see why they cannot offer more. If it's due to processing power I don't buy that either - as the xt1 and even the xt10 (for a second) can shoot 8fps. I would be happy even if it took 30seconds or so to process the buffer of whatever.

That's an interesting point that Fuji could be doing some hocus pocus in the background . But if they can doing +1/-1 bracketing then I don't see why they cannot offer more. If it's due to processing power I don't buy that either - as the xt1 and even the xt10 (for a second) can shoot 8fps. I would be happy even if it took 30seconds or so to process the buffer of whatever.

Good point. One does not use HDR for action photography. Great for interiors, landscapes, night-time photography, where there is lots of time to write the images to the card. Out of curiosity, I just did a nine stop bracket with my seven year old D700, and it managed to clear the buffer in a tad over five seconds. Should be a breeze with a contemporary processor. The question is whether there is enough buffer to handle it.

• 10 months later...

AE Bracketing(±2EV / ±5/3EV / ±4/3EV / ±1EV / ±2/3EV / ±1/3EV) 

Film simulation bracketing(Any 3 types of film simulation selectable) 
Dynamic Range Bracketing (100% · 200% · 400%)
ISO sensitivity Bracketing (±1/3EV / ±2/3EV / ±1EV) 
White Balance Bracketing (±1 / ±2 / ±3)

• 1 month later...

Hi,  I joined this forum just to register my disappointment at the low bracketing range of my x-t10.

I think what disappoints me mostly is the chasm of silence from FijiFilm on this issue.

This is my 3rd Fujifilm Camera, and while I generally do like them, and they are great value for money, this issue will probably mean it will be my last Fujifilm camera.

On a side not, I also had a Canon where the 'Magic Lantern' firmware hack was brilliant. It would be great if there was something similar for the FujiFilm range.