XH-1 is stuck at ISO 800 (or above) in all video modes

What is set incorrectly? I have an XH-1 and will be experimenting with/learning video in the coming months. I cannot force  the ISO to adjust below 800 in any of the video settings. I hope someone can spot what I am setting incorrectly.

We are told that ISO 800 is the lowest the body will use for F-Log. I am *not* trying F-Log. I have confirmed that I see Eterna, Classic Chrome, whatever, in the video menu pages. The separate menu line that controls F-Log is set to "F-Log OFF".

The Fuji "manual" avoids describing non-auto operation in Video  and customization in the Video section. I watched Maarten Heilbron's excellent XH-1 video setup YouTube material. He clearly demonstrates adjusting the video ISO below 800 in the video: I can only rotate the value at the ISO dial to 800 or above.

I tried some video moments yesterday and the image on the LCD *looked* like F-Log: too bright and super-flat. Maybe my body is stuck in F-Log when switched to video through some other combination of settings. I have, however, looked for some other indication this is the case. It seems that taking the positive step to CHOOSE a different shooting profile *should* turn off F-Log even if inadvertently so chosen.

Doug and Arjun,

Thank you for your responses. Fuji (Edison, New Jersey, USA) told me about the ISO restriction. If you set the Dynamic Range for 400% it does not tell you WHY you cannot lower the ISO. The two mentions of the DR setting in the written XH-1 manual (pages 101 and I think 131) do *not* call this out either. Fuji told me during my call it is not documented.

I have made a note to see what ND filters I'll buy (have some for my stills work on Fuji and Canon.)     ...'cuz obviously I'll need them!

I should have returned before this to pass on what I learned-
    my apologies to the community.

Jonathan

On 10/2/2019 at 1:04 PM, jonathan7007 said:

If you set the Dynamic Range for 400% it does not tell you WHY you cannot lower the ISO.

Fuji cameras generally don't tell you what's conflicting with what you're trying to do. That's unfortunate, but the list of possible conflicts is huge.

The two mentions of the DR setting in the written XH-1 manual (pages 101 and I think 131) do *not* call this out either.

On page 101, the last thing on the page: "DR200 200% is available at sensitivities of from ISO 400 to ISO 12800. DR400 400% at sensitivities of from ISO 800 to 12800."

The same text appears on page 139 -- the Dynamic Range (Movie) section -- as almost the last thing on the page.

• 4 years later...

I have the XH-1 and shooting on F-Log1 setting the ISO won't go below 1000 and on F-Log2 not below 500. I almost got caught out on a very sunny day, on my first vid shoot with the camera. I spoke to a tech assistant at Fuji's House of Photography in Covent Garden last week, and he told me those are fixed factory settings. I'll try your tips above.