Camera size

Slalom

I am torn between the XT-3 and the XT-30. 
I currently use an XE-2 and a pair of Nikon full frame cameras. 

The Fuji will be my hiking, snowshoeing and travel camera. I have watched far too many videos and read a lot of reviews and comparisons. Unfortunately none of the local shops have either camera in stock. So a special order will be necessary. One comment that I keep seeing is that the XT-30 is good for people with smaller hands. People with larger hands complain about pressing the Q button unintentionally, not having a place for all their fingers etc. That said, I have had no complaints about the XE-2, but I always use the accessory grip.  I would definitely get a grip for an XT-30. 

In perspective, I wear a size 11 (EU) glove (XL I think in the US).

Thanks 

I don' have very big hands. But they are not small (18 cm from the top of my middle finger to my wrist).

Sometimes I keep hitting the Q button by accident, but not very often.

The problem that I had with the x-t30 was that the grip bump on the right side of the camera is too small, and I didn't feel safe holding the camera with just one hand and the 18-55mm kit lenses. I bought a grip (not the fuji one, but a replacement that I found on amazon which was a third of the price), and now it feels ok.

In attached photos you can see the camera with the grip and without the grip and you will see what I mean.

Despite this ergonomic problems, the camera is amazing and I'm very happy with it.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 4 weeks later...

I've tried these 2 cameras, then I found X-T30 is really not easy to hold, and according to my personal experience, my right thumb inadvertently click the "Q" button quite often when I operate it.
By the way, I have small hands and hurt arms, but I choose X-T3 & 18-55mm len, now I want to buy 10-24mm.

Thanks for the advice.

I took the plunge and went for the X-T3. Very happy with the camera.

I have the 18-55 that I got with my XE-2 almost 6 years ago (hard to think) as well as 35, 18 and 55-200. I do want to get a wider angle lens and the 10-24 sounds like a 2020 purchase. 

For now I have to learn to deal with the fact the Photoshop CS6 can't process my RAW files without my adding a step to my workflow. 

I think you would have been happy with either camera (with a lightweight handgrip) - if you are going out in snowy weather the X-T3 (with appropriate lens) is better weather sealed.

I solved the Q button problem on my X-T30 by using a grip that prevented an accidental press (and changing its function to AF-ON).