Q menu and custom menu settings

Ray Thompson

I am not clear if the custom menu is the same as the quick menu  settings. I have tried changing a number of setting on one quick menu page but it seems to change them all.Im trying to get a number of bespoke quick menu pages ie one to seven but I cant seem to make them all different. I can manage to rename them all but not give then different settings and save them.

Don't confuse the two things.

Custom Settings C1-C7 allow you to set up virtual film types for JPEG shooting.

The Q Menu is a control panel that allow you to see and to change 16 different camera settings of your choice. Unlike function buttons, the Q Menu shows the current setting as well as allowing you to change the setting. There is only one Q Menu. It is the Q Menu.

As shipped by the factory, one of the settings in the Q Menu is the Custom Setting. That's the only connection between the two, but somehow people manage to get them confused all the time.

Edited by Doug Pardee

Thanks for the info Doug.  I have a friend who recently bought an X100f who wants to use recipes for a specific film but didn't know how to save it.  I never had the need and even though I have used the system for about 4 years, never used custom settings or the Q menu so I didn't know the answer.  Searching "Fuji Custom Settings" after reading your note gave me all he will need to know.