XT30 Question about lens

NerdAlert

Hello!  I've been having a blast the last few weeks with my new camera.  Went from shooting on a Pentax K1000 to the FujiFilm XT 30 and it's just been such an awesome experience.  I've been using the 18-55 (2.8f) stock lens that comes with the camera and it's been kick ass.  

I just got the K to X adapter and have been looking forward to using the Pentax-M 1:2 50 mm lens with XT 30.   It's hooked up and looks great through the viewfinder.  I'm on all manual settings.  However, I notice the camera is not actually taking pictures yet when I press the shutter.  I know it's probably in the settings I read you need to input the stuff mount adapter settings, but that menu when I clicked on it seemed to be unresponsive.  I OK'd 50mm focal length, but that didn't change anything and I was unable to access any other settings in that specific menu.  

Am I missing something?  Some sort of update?  Or maybe another setting I'm not sure of.  

Thanks in advance if you can help shed some light on to this for me.  Have a good day!

Make sure you have Setup => Button/Dial Settings => Shoot Without Lens => On

I believe the greyed out settings in the Mount Adapter Settings only apply when using the Fuji M Mount Adapter.

(But its worth setting the focal length as it affects the auto ISO settings when Min Shutter Speed is set to Auto)