Whatever happened to the X70?

Whatever happened to the X70? I don't currently own any Fujifilm camera, but I'm looking for a new small camera for travel. I have a list of "wants", and while the X70 doesn't tick all my boxes, it certainly looks like a nice option, especially combined with the optional optical viewfinder and wide converter lens.

The X100 series looks even better of course, and I keep re-considering it, but the 28mm equivalent when combined with the WCL-X100 is just not wide enough, and so rules the camera out.

Edited by osullic

• 4 weeks later...

The X100 cameras have a 23mm lens, which, on an APS-C sensor, provides about the same angle of view as a 35mm lens does on a full-frame camera.

Paired with the WCL-X100, which is a 0.8x wide-angle converter, the X100 captures an angle of view about the same as a 28mm lens on a full-frame camera.

I would like a wider angle of view - something like what you get with a 24mm or 25mm lens on a full-frame body. The X70 looked interesting because, paired with its own WCL-X70 wide-angle converter, it captured an angle of view equivalent to a 21mm lens on a full-frame camera. But angles of view this wide are not possible with the X100 cameras.

Edited by osullic

I LOVE my X70. But where is our X80? The sensor and processor need updating. But this truly pocketable APS-C X-Trans sensor -with tilting screen- is amazing. It’s just as capable as any of its bigger siblings in terms of IQ making it maybe, the highest quality image maker for its size that there is. C’mon Fuji! Get on it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...