Hi. My lovely X-E3 has a problem. Sometimes when I press the shutter (fully press it, to take a photo!) there is a significant delay before the shutter fires. A delay of around 1.5 seconds. Enough to miss the shot, should my subject happen to be on the move. I am using mostly the 18mm f/2. I have tested the lens on a borrowed X-Pro1 and it works 100% - so it's not the lens.

I think the problem happens around 25% of the time, enough to be very annoying.

Has anyone else experienced something like this before? If so, what did you do about it? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm going to revive this thread. I've owned my X-E3 for a few months now, and I've noticed that there is often a delay between when I fully depress the shutter and when the camera actually takes the photo. In particular, this is happening once the camera has already acquired focus (the focus indicators are all green). Usually the delay is less than half a second, but there have been times where it's been so long I've wondered if I've pressed the shutter down at all. Suffice to say I've missed quite a few shots because of it. I have an X-H1 and I don't notice this problem at all; could it potentially be a processing problem with the camera?

Okay a quick follow up to my own post;

I tried re installing the firmware on my camera, and the issue seems to have gone away (I had the latest on the camera already, but I re downloaded it and re installed it overwriting the old installation via the instructions on Fujis website). My guess is that maybe the firmware got corrupted during or sometime after my previous install.

I will keep tabs on it if it starts doing it again.