Apple Photos - Fuji Transfer Issue

bigtruck1369

I'm in a pickle!

I've been transferring photos from my camera to my phone via wireless transfer using the Fujifilm app.  I didn't realize that a setting existed that downsampled photos during wireless transfer, so I've got a ton of photos that are much lower resolution that they could be.

Fortunately, I hadn't yet deleted most of the photos from the memory card, so I can replace a good portion of the lower quality images with the full quality versions.

I'm a relatively new Mac user, so I'm not sure what the most efficient/least painful way is to go about doing this.

I would appreciate any suggestions that everyone has.  Will Photos let me just dump the larger files in, and then recognize that they are duplicates and make it easy to delete the old ones?  Or should I just go through a chunk at a time, and manually delete the old photos and then add the good files?

Thank you!

Unfortunately, Photos will not detect them as duplicates. In my experience it is the best way to delete the photos in Photos (you can recycle them from the bin for 30 days) and start a new import. Personally, I prefer to use a card reader and put the photos into dedicated albums when importing.