Wide-angle converters other than current WCL-X100 possible?

Do you think there is any likelihood that Fujifilm will release any other wide angle converters? If not, why not?

I would love a 0.66x converter. I don't find the 28mm equivalent of the WCL-X100 to be interesting enough. I would much rather walk around with a 35mm and 24mm equivalent available.

I'm not sure if they will; it doesn't seem like converters are a big market.  I've never seen anything on numbers sold.

I had my X100s and then my X100F for quite a few years and decided on the wide converter before my last long road trip.  28mm is my ideal but I wasn't sure about the extra length and weight.  I put it on June 16 and have not had it off again and I've shot about 4,000 shots with it. I don't notice the weight and the length isn't bad so it will stay on permanently.

I used a 28 the 98% of the time on my Miranda Sensorex and then my Olympus OM-1, from 1969 through the 1990s and still use the Olympus a bit.  I found it was the perfect lens for me.

Your experience with the 24 was probably as good as mine with the  28 and I think I understand how you feel.  For the future, it appears you are stuck with backing up or using the panorama feature, neither of which are satisfactory compared to the lens you want but what I've been doing since spring of 2014.  I'm glad I got the WA converter. 

I considered one of the interchangeable lens Fuji's with a 28mm equivalent but just like the X100 series too much to change.  

I use a X100 T/F with both the WCL and TCL since 2014. How ever if you want to have a wider choice of your lenses you have to switch to interchangeable lens models. It makes no real sense to ad more CL's to the X100 series, also since the attched fixed f 2.0 lens has its limits! May be once we'll see a new X100 WR (wide and rugged) what could be a blast for street fotographers! 

• 1 month later...

There is an article about that here:

https://ivanjoshualoh.com/2016/04/17/hipster-camera-system/

But I don't see how it's much different from just using the WCL-X100. The WCL-X100 is a 0.8x converter; the WCL-X70 is a 0.75x converter. What I would like to see Fujifilm release is a 0.66x or 0.6x converter. I know these things always degrade image quality a bit, but if it is custom-designed for the X100 (along with a firmware lens correction profile), I'm sure they could make a good job of it.

Really, 35mm and 28mm (equivalents) are not distinct enough. 35mm and either 24mm or 21mm would be a joy.

Edited by osullic