• Similar Content

• By SuperMentality
      Hello y'all,
      I've been really interested in getting to know y'all's settings for the C1 through C4. I've been really having a hard time deciding on how to set those up.
      No I did see some recipes something of a cookbook for film simulation and color clarity and things like that, which got me really really interested in them, but don't know what the best way to implement them are.
      I've just been a little bit overwhelmed with how much customization there is on the camera and just wanted to get a little bit of community insight on how you all have been setting up these features on your cameras.
      I getting really excited to bounce ideas from everybody. I love getting ideas on how to better my photography and would love feedback on y'all's unique photo style and how you get your best shots using those custom settings.
    • By AntJames
      Hi,
       I’m trying long exposure Photography using a 10 stop filter. 
      I have 2 issues- firstly with noise reduction selected ‘ON’ and during an overcast day shooting a fast flowing river in Wales and using ‘B’ mode with cable release the actual exposure was 4 minutes, this was achieved by trying an exposure at say 1 min which resulted in black and thus increasing the time until it looked right on the scene and this History gram confirmed this. I  then have to wait another 4 minutes for processing to take place removing ‘hot pixels’, which I get.
      But here’s the thing once noise reduction is turned ‘OFF’ the initial exposure drops dramatically to 45” ! 
      I understand the processing isn’t being applied after but why has the initial exposure of 4 mins with it on, dropped to 45” whilst off ? 
      At the time I was surprised it was as long as 4’ .
      what’s going on to make it sooooo long ? 
    • By teplosvet
      Greetings, 
      Starting with a Nikon D750 + Sigma 50mm f/1.4 i recently moved to Fujifilm X-T4 + Fujinon 23mm f/2.
      I started photography to cope with my bipolar disorder and big depression which i had my whole life. In the beginning i photographed all my friends, tried to find myself in portrait niche, but quickly understood that i just cant take pictures as they want me to. And i do not use photoshop or lightroom, i am not a fan of retouch. I mastered Capture One at some point, but now i do not see any use of it, as Fuji cameras already have everything needed inside of them. After all, i do not position myself as a photographer or retoucher, its just a hobby, and i try to catch things as my damaged head sees them. For example, here is a portrait of my mother, which was just a test shot:

Things now changed as i am currently working as an activity manager at a center where people with special needs live. People who live here are the most kind, honest and charismatic people i have ever met. I decided that i will try to spread their joy with the help of my hobby, and my employer was instantly hyped with the idea (god bless this woman). Here are some of the first pictures taken, thanks to Alexander who was happy to model:

If you are Interested in things i share, you can check my instagram at @dom.teplosvet 
      So, i guess that will be all for now from me.
      Stay kind and spread joy, fellow photographers!
    • By Argentus
      Hello. I just acquired a EF X20 Flash. I put it on the hot shoe but my XT2 (firmware 4.40) recognizes it as in sync terminal. So I can only acces the Manual mode (the TTL Mode in Flash Settings is grayed out). The flash does fire on Manual, but the TTL is not working.
      When I put the EF X8 Flash, it simply does not even fire. 
      I am on single shot and mechanic shutter.
      Any ideas what might be happening?
      Thanks a lot!

• By AllanY
      I am struggling with underexposed videos using my X-T3 and 10-24mm with interior Real Estate videos even with a decent amount of natural and ambient light. The footage is just too dark unless I pump up the ISO to 4000 where it gets really noisy.
      What are the best wide-angle lenses for the X-T3 with regards to interior Real Estate videography where it's usually low light? Also, is there a budget friendly option? I've gone through the Complete Overview of X Mount Lenses but I was hoping for some recommendations specific to the industry and video.
      Thanks for any help guys!
      Settings:
      4K 29.97P I would prefer 59.94P to slow down some shots YouTube encoding prefers 30P ss60 F4.0 ISO 800-4000 200Mbps H.264 / H.265 Long GOP / ALL-Intra Eterna Custom White Balance DR400 Film Simulation Recording / F-Log Recording
    • Ha yes it is!  Are you using an X-T30 or just similar? Thanks.
    • Well hmm, on my camera that is how it works without (and with) large indicators turned on, which, is probably a good idea, since being able to see the scene is a good thing.
    • jerry, I think I understand after reading the post above by FX Admin ... the message warns me that, when CL / CH and ES or ES + MS are enabled, the camera will not focus on each shot thanks anyway
    • Hi all guys, a few months ago I sent this camera for repair because the r-dial command was broken (purchased in March and used 3 times), the assistance service took about 1 month and a half to repair. Yesterday after some time I used this camera again and ... same problem the command broke again 😭. Now I think I will no longer send her for assistance, I ask if anyone had the same problem as me and how they solved it or if they found a way to configure shutter speeds.
    • Were you trying to set the ISO above 6400? The display says you have the mechanical and electronic shutters both turned on, but if I am remembering correctly, to go beyond ISO 6400 on the older X-Ts, you can use only the mechanical shutter. On the newer models, that limit is raised to 12800, and may be higher on the X-T4 and  X-S10.