ISO 12,800 with 23 F2 - Festival Portraits

sean73

Thought you all may be interested in seeing some super low light photos. I was using the 23 F2 but wish I had the 1.4 in this situation. (I used the 16mm 1.4 on the wide shots of the stages). I still think the camera managed the noise well. ...noise reduction in PS.  

Low Light Festival Portraits

Majority of the photos were shot at 6400 and above. 1/3 of them were at 12800  - all handheld with no flash  

Obviously  they wouldn’t be good for printing but I think good enough for the web. 

note: if you want to pixel peep first select the photo so it goes into the light box slideshow. Photos were exported from LR at 2000px long edge (not full resolution). 

Note note: some of you may know how to describe this better than me but an F2 on a crop sensor is equivalent to approx 3.2 on a full frame camera  .. as well as lenses you also have to do the crop calculation on the F-stop  is that correct? 

Edited by sean73

Some folks will tell you 'no'. Put a "full frame lens" on an apc-sensor based camera and use the aperture ring to stop it to oh, say f-4. It is f-4 regardless of the sensor size. The part of the image that hits the sensor is coming from the center of the lens which is where the lens-equivalent conversion factor part comes into consideration.