Sign in to follow this  
sean73

ISO 12,800 with 23 F2 - Festival Portraits

Posted (edited)

Thought you all may be interested in seeing some super low light photos. I was using the 23 F2 but wish I had the 1.4 in this situation. (I used the 16mm 1.4 on the wide shots of the stages). I still think the camera managed the noise well. ...noise reduction in PS.  

Low Light Festival Portraits

Majority of the photos were shot at 6400 and above. 1/3 of them were at 12800  - all handheld with no flash  

Obviously  they wouldn’t be good for printing but I think good enough for the web. 

note: if you want to pixel peep first select the photo so it goes into the light box slideshow. Photos were exported from LR at 2000px long edge (not full resolution). 

Note note: some of you may know how to describe this better than me but an F2 on a crop sensor is equivalent to approx 3.2 on a full frame camera  .. as well as lenses you also have to do the crop calculation on the F-stop  is that correct? 

Edited by sean73

Some folks will tell you 'no'. Put a "full frame lens" on an apc-sensor based camera and use the aperture ring to stop it to oh, say f-4. It is f-4 regardless of the sensor size. The part of the image that hits the sensor is coming from the center of the lens which is where the lens-equivalent conversion factor part comes into consideration.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By AKXt2
      Hello Everyone, 
      I just picked up an XT2 and this is my first Fuji camera, really excited about using it. I've been watching a lot of youtube videos and reading forum post to familiarize myself with the camera and its settings. I am very impressed by the film simulations but really confused on how to use them in conjunction with RAW files. I was under the impression that if I shoot RAW+JPEG(Fine/Norma) with a film simulation selected (e.g. Chrome). Simulation is applied to JPEG only and RAW file is pure raw without any processing that I can edit however I want in post processing. But I took the camera out for the first time and realized the film simulation is applied to both JPEG and RAW. Is there a way to shoot with film simulation applied to JPEG but get unprocessed RAW files from XT2? 
      Thanks for everyone's help in advance! 
    • By Ale S
      Hi all,
      i have a Tenba DNA 8 ( i love it ) that i use to take with me:
      - Fuji xt3
      - Fuji 23mm/f2
      - Fuji 50mm/f2
      - Viltrox 85mm
      - two batteries
      After purchasing the Viltrox there is no more space and the extraction of a lens has become uncomfortable.
      In the future maybe i will buy also the fuji 35mm/f2.
      Which bag would you recommend?
      I don't like leather bags and i would like to spend max 120 €.
      Thanks in advance.
      Ale
    • By Giovanni1968
      Hello,
      I am seriously thinking it's about time to upgrade my X-Pro1 to an X-T2, I don't need latest gimmicks nor super high res or movie features, for extra MP I use a FF Nikon camera which has plenty of pixels, Fuji is for lighter shooting like hiking, travel etc and as such, given how many people upgrading to the X-T3 the T2 reached a price tag which fits my budget.
      I see many T2 on American photography boards for sale but I live in the EU and the only reliable source I know is an online store in the UK (dunno if allowed here to past a link or a name so I just won't this time), is anybody aware of other trusted sources within the EU borders for used gear?
      Grazie

Giovanni
    • By nickramm
      Hey Guys, new to the forum, been a Fujifilm shooter for 2 years.
      I'm working on a video for a client and noticed when editing that I get very nasty artifacts/noise in certain areas of my video when grading. I don't know whether this is a camera issue, or grading issue. Below is a link to one of the shots in question - for comparison I have both the edited version, as well as the original (I know in this case the reds are where the problem is, but I've had the same issue in other areas in other shots).  Has anyone else encountered this issue? I'm editing in premier, and only doing basic grading with lumetri color (curves, and basic correction). 
      https://youtu.be/XCyUFutVrFo
      Thanks in advance. I really love shooting on fujifilm, but I can't seem to find a solution to this issue. I hope it's a stupid thing I'm overlooking.