Sign in to follow this  
yukosteel

Lens review: Viltrox 85mm f1.8 on Fuji X-T30

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By teaandcake
      Hi,
      I had a quick search for this and couldn’t see anything so apologies if it’s been posted before. 

I have an X-T30 which I love, but the one thing that annoys me is the tripod plate needs to be removed to access the battery compartment. I’ve seen a few l brackets which allow access to the battery compartment. 
      I have a Peak Design tripod, so the plate needs to be unscrewed with a little key and it’s just a pain. 
      Can anyone recommend an l bracket which is compatible with the X-T30, allows access to the battery compartment, is decent quality and doesn’t add too much bulk?
      I’d appreciate it if you could send your recommendations. 

Thank you 😊 
    • By StudioB|Photography
      I switched over to Fuji from Nikon a few years ago and seem to have become quite a gear collector. When I used Nikon I had a Nikon D7200 and the 24mm f1.8, 35mm f1.8, 50mm 1.8, 85mm f1.8, and 60mm f2.8D lenses. Since moving to Fuji I have managed to obtain the following:
      cameras: X-T3, X-T30, and recently the X100V
      lenses: Laowa 9mm f2.8, Fuji 10-24mm, Fuji 16mm F2, Fuji 16mm f1.4, Fuji 16-80, Fuji 18-55, Fuji 23mm f2, Fuji 27mm, Fuji 35mm f2, Mitakon 35mm, Fuji 50mm F2, Fuji 56mm, Voigtlander 58mm f1.4, Fuji 55-200, and the Fuji 90mm (still also have the Nikon 60mm f2.8D).
      So I love all of these lenses, but honestly have way too many to put them all to use as I should. I am wanting to move to a minimalist set up. I recently purchased the X100V and instantly fell in love with that camera. The one lens design has really helped me rediscover what I loved about photography upon first starting out. So the X100V is staying with me. So I am wanting to sell some of my excess and need some advice about what to keep. At the moment I am thinking about keeping the X-T3 with the Laowa 9mm, Fuji 16 f1.4, Fuji 56 f1.2, Fuji 90mm f2, Fuji 16-80mm, Mitakon 35mm, and Voigtlander 58mm f1.4 (just for the fun of manual focusing).
      My question is, does this sound like a reasonable set-up? I really want to move away from zooms (except for the 16-80 for fun).
    • By triptomoon
      I'm new to the Fuji system and I would like to know if it's possible to set a focus zone and tell the camera to "only search for faces in that specific area", instead of hunting everywhere in the image and end up focusing on some passer-by in the background? Also, when face/eye detection isn't hitting the right target, what's the quickest way to manually toggle out of it? I tried moving my focus point with the joystick but the camera would fight me and keep picking up faces in the areas I don't want. Does anyone have a solution with this? I'm using an X-T30. 
    • By Somemorr
      My problem:
      My X-t30 no longer lets me record video. Nothing happens when I push the shutter button in video mode.
      Background:
      - My main use for this camera is for recording video projects at my workplace.
      - I noticed the issue after using the camera as a webcam with a elgato camlink 4k. I had optimised the in-camera settings for use as a webcam during the past months of Zooming everyday.
      My attempted fixes so far:
      - I reverted all my in-camera settings back to my usual, non-webcam settings.
      - I updated the firmware to the latest version.
      -  Many google searches to see if anyone else has had and posted a fix to this issue. 

• By Alamin
      Hi! I´m looking into buying a Fuji X-T2 to get a improvement from my Canon 200D for video. I´m thinking to start with a 23mm f2 because is my favourite focal length but I have concerns about the X-T2 autofocus in video, so I would like to hear your opinions.
      Also, I own a Sigma 18-35mm so I would also like to hear any experience with it mounted in the X-T2 (particularly with the Viltrox or Fringer adapters).
    • I'm 90% sure it's firmware related. It's far too inconsistent to be a hardware issue. I reached out to Fuji Repair a few months ago and they had not heard of the issue and advised I send it in, but somebody on Facebook said sending it in did nothing.
    • It has to be a problem with the firmware, surely? I'm inclined to send it for repair but because it happens infrequently I'm put off sending it back should they not be able to replicate the issue.  Surely Fuji must be aware of this problem.
    • Yeah, that sounds right in terms of frequency of occurrence. No resolution or even determination of cause unfortunately, just confirmation its quite common in the Facebook group, and its not limited to exposure compensation, but any other front-dial activity 
    • Did you find out any more about this problem or how to resolve it? Im experiencing the same thing.
    • This same thing is happening to my camera. It doesn't happen all the time. Id say one in every 15 times it is switched on. I then have to switch it off then back on again to cure the problem.   Did you manage to resolve the issue or find out why it might be happening?