Lens for X-T2

MariuszG

Hello. I would like to buy a lens for camera Fuji x-t2.
The lens is intended for taking pictures at parties and events where is very little light.
So it has to be fast and accurate autofocus.
What can you recommend me?
The budget what I have for it is about 500-600 dollars

• MariuszG changed the title to Lens for X-T2

I was thinking about it: Fujifilm XF 16-55mm f2.8 LM R WR (secondhand)
Is this a good choice?
or is it better to have an adapter with electronic transmission and some good lens from the Canon system?

the best option was a Sigma lens 18-35mm f1.8,
but the cost of the autofocus adapter and the lens itself is far beyond my financial capabilities.

• 2 weeks later...

As so many others have said, for basic use it's quite the deal (as a kit or separate purchase) to get the 18-55mm (2.8-4 f)
For critical work in pro applications, maybe the 16-55mm is needed/worthwhile.
FWIW, I've been using several lenses for a few years now (both tele for birds and this lens for "street", shedding the grip I use with longer lenses or shoots).
And this lens really rocks for me, certainly at the sizes I print and resolution I post at online.
Not only that, it's almost miraculous what it can do in near darkness.  The camera itself - with high sensitivity and ability to boost exposure in several ways - nicely pairs with this "kit lens".

Just because I have a very recent example which I enjoy sharing, here's New York City 2 weeks ago, in a complete power failure "blackout".
With this lens, not only did I get some amazing images (so I'm told) with the natural existing light (headlights and food trucks), but I actually - with a wide-angle in New York, unheard of! - captured sharp images that night of a full moon, planets, red star, and constellation. Hand-held! (ISO 10,000).   So, IMM, no need to go beyond this lens for things like you list, parties, low-light situations (with far greater light than a total pitch-black power failure).

Samples - with X-T2 and 18-55mm:
Still photos:  http://www.fenichel.com/blackout19.shtml
Video:  http://bit.ly/NYCblackout19

Good luck! 

Also, you mention autofocus and adapters to other lenses. While there are some VERY expensive adapters that claim to work with Fuji cameras, prepare for disappointment. If you depend on autofocus and/or auto aperture, stick with Fuji or Zeiss Touit lenses - they will "talk" to your camera. If you shoot full manual, adapt away!!! :)