18-55 some marks on a lens

user_01

Today i've found 2 marks on the front glass when i cleaned up the lens, that are not removable. Will it affect on taken pictures or i shouldn't pay attention to it

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Under normal circumstances, they are too small to affect the image as such ( think, how big is their area compared to the total front lens surface?)

BUT, if you set your lens at the widest setting and the aperture to the highest value (smallest aperture) , THEN you might see something on your front lens.

Did you try to wet clean them?

Under normal circumstances, they are too small to affect the image as such ( think, how big is their area compared to the total front lens surface?)

BUT, if you set your lens at the widest setting and the aperture to the highest value (smallest aperture) , THEN you might see something on your front lens.

Did you try to wet clean them?

Yes, no effect. The one closer to center seems to be a tiny chip i think. When i bought this lens used i didn't notice anything, maybe i missed it. Bit disappointed right now, cause i wanted to buy XF 35mm used carried with filter from the first day from same seller... Besides x100 bought from him was OK.

Today i've found 2 marks on the front glass when i cleaned up the lens, that are not removable. Will it affect on taken pictures or i shouldn't pay attention to it

Well, believe it or not you might have been the cause of the damage with some “ cleaning” and I think that if the specks would have been there when you bought it you would have noticed it.

I don’t agree with using filters (unless you shoot in really dirty conditions) and also, cleaning should be as little as possible because it is a potentially damaging action.

Anyway, chances are that all it is is a chip of the coating and not an actual chip of the glass. Either way, it can be repaired, the question is whether it would be worth it or not.

Get in touch with your local Fuji lab and ask for a quote.

It would be super surprise that they would leave any kind of marking on your shots. A colleague of mine who does exclusively concert photos has his Nikkor 24-70 F2.8 front element scartched so badly you would think it wouldn't be able to capture anything without some heavy markings.

But it still works, and quite well even! He shoot with a Nikon D800, so if there was anything to to be seen on the front element, it would have been capture by the camera sensor.

Also, very sorry to rub it in the face, but that's one of the many reasons I use lens filters.