X-Pro 2 sizzling/popping battery noises

Hi

I purchased a secondhand (in like-new condition) XP2 from MPB.com which came with a thirdparty battery. After 1-2 months of usage, I noticed some noises comming from the battery compartment/grip of the camera. Noises that sounded like the battery was sizzling and popping. I thought it was the thirdparty battery being low quality and decided to get me a couple of new original NPW126-S. To my surprise the new batteries both made the same noises and I decided not to think anymore of it, since the camera worked perfectly fine. Also whenever i turn my camera on or off, the battery gives a single little pop sound.

The issues is still there and it is hard for me to completely ignore, but still the camera functions without any issues. My question is if anybody else here has had any similar issues with their Fujifilm cameras?

(I have checked the battery compartment for any signs of damage, but it looks brand new.)

Edited by Danielhpc

• 3 weeks later...

If you genuinely think these batteries are sizzling or popping I would definitely not ignore it, that's absolutely not normal and if they are shorting out in some way it could ultimately turn out to be very dangerous, for the camera and also for you!

Do the batteries feel hot when you remove them?  It's normal for them to be warm if you've used the camera for a while, but not uncomfortable to touch.

Do the pins in the battery compartment look straight?  Do you know anyone else with an XP2 or other Fuji camera which you could compare yours with, perhaps a camera store nearby?

Are you absolutely sure the noises are coming from the battery compartment?  You mention a pop when the camera goes off - you couldn't be mistaking this for the click of the EVF curtain moving in and out in the viewfinder?