Considering different camera due to grip

Karlov

I presently own an X-T100 which I really like. I come from a long line of various bayer type sensor cameras, and am more comfortable with them as opposed to x-trans. The sensor is better than expected and I'm very pleased with the results. The drawback is that there is no room for my thumb on the back of the camera and I keep accidentally changing different settings on the d-pad. (I have rather large hands). I really don't want to get the thumb extension, so I'm considering changing cameras. I know this means getting a camera with X-trans, but I'm willing to check it out.  I am considering the X-T2 and the X-E3 because it appears there is an adequate area to place ones thumb on the rear. The X-H1 is a bit more than I wish to spend.  Being that I shoot raw only and that 95% of my shooting is with manual lenses, is there one of these cameras that would be better than the other?  And are you satisfied with the grip (on the back) of these cameras? Any other info is appreciated as well.

I was satisfied with my XT1 and XT2 -- that is, until I fell in love with the XH1!!  I still have the other two, but use them strictly as back up.

The XH1 has been on sale for 1299.00 with the body, the battery grip, and three batteries.  I'd try and stretch for that.  I've been a Fuji shooter since 2012 with an X-E1 and the 18-55 and the 35mm 1.4 lens.

If these options are still too expensive how about buying one of the optional grips?  I've seen them on sale, for various Fuji series cameras, 

for under 75.00

Hope that helps.

J

Thanks for the response. I have been considering the X-H1, but the cost may be a bit too much. If I end up with the X-T2, the grip is a good suggestion.  Several look interesting. Fuji has one and the grip made by media case also looks nice. But that X-H1 certainly appears to have a great grip!

• 10 months later...

For me the manner you set your problem is real but your solution seems strange to me  

I’ve got an X-E2, an X-T2, now an X-E3 and an X-H1, and the first thing I bought for each of them, except the X-H1, is a thumbrest, so efficient to avoid changing parameters in an inappropriate manner.

Imho, it’s largely less expensive than to switch a camera. ... if it’s the only issue.