X-T20 screen flickers on and off when attaching lens

eljay24

Has anyone encountered an issue where after attaching or changing a lens and turning the camera on the screen flickers like shown on this video I recorded earlier?

I have tried cleaning the contact pins on the camera and the lens but the issue still persists. The lenses I have are the 23mm 1.4 and the 18-55 kit lens. There is no issue when turning on the camera without a lens or when using a manual lens without contact pins. The flickering also happens randomly, sometimes attaching a lens produces no issue, sometimes it does. I don't know what causes it.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I have also experienced this recently. I thought it was to do with switching between some manual lens I was trying and a Fuji lens.

Now I am not so sure. Various switching off and on and removing the lens fixes it. It does not happen very often and so I tend to forget about it. I have not considered re-flashing. I was thinking it might be some sort of logic bug hit when switching between manual and auto focus lens, but this is probably my imagination.

• 1 month later...

Hi I have this issue.

There seems to be two types of error... eventually if I let it flicker for ~30 times i get "Lens Error" and then I need to turn it off.

There is also a "Lens Control Error" that has been reported.

https://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/7333-lens-control-error/

With mine its just "Lens Error". Happens with any lens, and these same lenses work fine on my ex3. Once in a while it works fine, but mostly not.

I sent the camera back to Fuji (its out of warranty) with a 18/2 attached, and they supposedly disassembled and cleaned the camera  lens contacts and mount, tested it and sent it back(and charged me). When I received it back,  the Camera turned on fine, but when I swapped the lens with another the problem returned, and then the original 18/2 lens showed problem again.  I sent that box right back to Fuji. I doubt they did anything at all to the camera. They probably turned on, did not see the issue and boxed it back again.

Hopefully they can find the problem, the camera is useless as it stands...

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2019 at 6:05 PM, rzgp33 said:

Hi I have this issue.

There seems to be two types of error... eventually if I let it flicker for ~30 times i get "Lens Error" and then I need to turn it off.

There is also a "Lens Control Error" that has been reported.

https://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/7333-lens-control-error/

With mine its just "Lens Error". Happens with any lens, and these same lenses work fine on my ex3. Once in a while it works fine, but mostly not.

I sent the camera back to Fuji (its out of warranty) with a 18/2 attached, and they supposedly disassembled and cleaned the camera  lens contacts and mount, tested it and sent it back(and charged me). When I received it back,  the Camera turned on fine, but when I swapped the lens with another the problem returned, and then the original 18/2 lens showed problem again.  I sent that box right back to Fuji. I doubt they did anything at all to the camera. They probably turned on, did not see the issue and boxed it back again.

Hopefully they can find the problem, the camera is useless as it stands...

The camera came back the second time with the same error!!! Fujifilm has been useless... very disappointed in the way that they have dealt with this issue.

Time to swap systems I think... perhaps Sony is a better bet?