With all my respect, I can not agree with your statement about "older" camera.

http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n140826_02.html

This is Fuji's press release about "new “Classic Chrome” Film Simulation mode that's perfect for documentary photography". Yes, it clearly states that CC "will be phased in to models starting with the X30", and definately not X100S. BUT!! It's an august 26th, 2014. Less than a year and a half after X100S hit the shelves. I agree that we live in fast changing world, but not SO damn fast! )) Even smartphone manufacturers (at least leading brands) support their products for longer, improving performance and adding new software features. In 2012-2013 Fuji set a very high standards and by doing so raised some serious expectations from its loyal customers. I remember many discussions in september, 2104 about possible firmware updates. It was a MAJOR disappointment for X100S owners to know that there will be no such updates ever. Especially when we all knew that such software already exists (beta or not).

I think I understand your point. As a working professional you might want to buy best tech available with latest upgrades. And maybe write a new book )))  But for me as an enthusiast the X100T is the same graphic engine packed in a slightly new housing with mostly useless (for me!) features (like one-third stop aperture ring). And X100S is perfectly usable, but it need some upgrades to stay up to date.

On the bright side, today I received my first lens for the future X-T10 system, more on the way ))) So life continues no matter what )))

And next there will be an Ektachrome simulation available for the X100T, and you'll be all over the place because the X100S doesn't get it and it's so freaking autentically X100S-ish. Or Portra. Or Tri-X. Whatever. This has simply no end.

You have to accept that at some point there is an end to the support of a product. Your camera is better than at day 1, and not worse than tomorrow. As long as it makes pictures...

Really I think this kaizen thing has perverted Fuji's customers in wanting always more and more and more but when does it stop? Certainly not with a "LAST UPDATE PLEASE FUJI WE PROMISE JUST ONE AND WE'LL BE FINE".

No, you won't. Something will be next.

Go look at what this guy makes : http://www.dirtyharrry.com/1970/06/once.html

And think that it's made with a canon DSLR, shitty pinhole lense and beat-up wide angles primes and almost no PP, and it looks 1000x more like CC than any of the fuji amateur pictures I've ever seen.

It's not the camera.

You are totally not getting it. The hardware is going to reach a limit when the EXRIII processor is introduced. So any new features that will be introduced in the xpro2 will most likely not be available for x100s, x100t, x-e2, x-t1 or x-t10. But at least these camera who are of the same generation should have the FW to take full advantage of the hardware it has, before Fuji takes the next step. They already did it with the EXRI camera's within its hardware limits. (x100, x-pro1, x-e1)

And most of us are not demanding anything (more like politely asking) The x100s has the hardware to support an updated FW. Even if we will not get any update I'll still use my x100s with a lot of pleasure. Why are you hating so much? Between the x100t and the x100s... The hardware should make the difference, not the hardware.

And most of us are not demanding anything (more like politely asking)

Please Fujifilm!!! One more grand update for the x100s owners!

I'm totally getting it and I'm not hating, I understand everyone who asks politely (tho I'd argue it'd be more efficient to mail them directly or write on the official forum) for an upgrade, but I do hate those "I DEMAND" and "GIVE IT TO ME OR ELSE..." attitude.

So write them an email if you like to, and meanwhile keep shooting and share your pictures. The level of those who brag the most being less than impressive, there is still some hard work to do before reaching 20% of the potential of the X100S as it is. That's not called hating that is called preaching for some humility and reality check.

CC won't turn a bad picture into a good one. The AF is sufficient to shoot fast moving animals. Don't get me started, it's a lost cause.

I'm totally getting it and I'm not hating, I understand everyone who asks politely (tho I'd argue it'd be more efficient to mail them directly or write on the official forum) for an upgrade, but I do hate those "I DEMAND" and "GIVE IT TO ME OR ELSE..." attitude.

So write them an email if you like to, and meanwhile keep shooting and share your pictures. The level of those who brag the most being less than impressive, there is still some hard work to do before reaching 20% of the capacities of the X100S as it is. That's not called hating that is called preaching for some humility and reality check.

CC won't turn a bad picture into a good one. The AF is sufficient to shoot fast moving animals. Don't get me started, it's a lost cause.

I totally agree with you that some people should show humility! I have a x-t1 and have all the latest bells and whistles. But it also reminds me that my x100s isn't reaching its full potential.

Fuji probably is a bit random in how they perform kaizen, no sense of direction. It feels like they made a mistake with the x100s and quickly replaced it with the x100t. In my opinion the managers should have decided early on, that all camera's of the same generation (EXRI, XTransI and EXRII,XTransII) should have the same FW features. With the obvious exception of hardware limitations (evf resolution, fixed lens vs ilc, wifi, button layout etc) this makes sense to me as a business model.

Apple also does it with its software. They could choose to not upgrade the software of older models of iPhone/macs. But instead it made more sense to continually improve their products and therefore apple has been growing even more. The software in every product is essentially the same, the hardware makes the difference. People should be able to choose between camera's not because of software features but hardware.

This forum and topic is just a way for some of us to vent frustration and/or give our opinion.

You have a rather defensible opinion, it makes sense.

I agree with pretty much everything you say, and also feel that Fuji "probably is a bit random in how they perform kaizen".

Looks like they are putting a bit of this here, a bit of that here, ah well we forgot this one let's put this but not that, suddenly nothing more, it's not clear for the customers at all (don't think it's really clear for them either), and probably generates some frustration I can understand that. Albeit for me if they don't break anything and keep adding stuff until no more is given I'm perfectly fine, but I can understand it.

The line of conduct you propose is maybe a bit simple (all identical hardware same FW) but would clear things up.

Well, maybe upgrading X100S is bad for business. I don't know. And nobody knows for sure. But what I know is that Fuji succeeded in building the entire army of "cult-o'-Fuji" followers. The remarkable achievment only a few global companies capable of. But "loyalty" is not about tech specs, prices and figures. It's all about emotions. Maybe there is no logical explanation to upgrade X100S after release of X100T. But it's just right to do so. To make an already great product even better. To make it classic.

well said, and the forum proves it on a lot of ways - it's about emotions. especially with a loveable camera like the x100s.